Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday, Ultrasound Day

Not a whole lot to report today.  I am sorry that my blog has turned into a daily log of my hospital happenings.  We had our weekly ultrasound today.  Nothing too new to report.  My fluid levels were low, but still okay due to the fact that I have been ruptured for well over two weeks.  They were unable to get a good view of Eli's left ventricle due to his position today, so we don't know what it measured.  The right one that has been stable for weeks and weeks was up just a bit today.  We always take into account that little increases can be due to measuring errors.  We did see a tiny bit of movement in his right knee.  We will take it.  The sonographer always seems concerned over his lack of leg movement.  We try to remain optimistic.  I know I have done absolutely everything humanly possible to give Eli the very best chance and now all we can do is wait.  Of course we will continue to do everything possible after he arrives with therapies and etc., but ultimately it is in God's hands.  I continue to pray that we will be surprised at his level of function as he grows.  It is scary and overwhelming at times, I must admit. 

We did see that he already has some hair on his little head and they estimated him to weigh around 3lbs 14oz. as of today.  I generally have small babies and I am sure Eli will be too.  I am hoping if I can make it to the 12th that he will be at least 4lbs 3oz.  You know what is really bad about having such a tiny baby?  I may get a whole 5 pound weight loss on delivery day!  I assure you I have a whole lot more than that to lose! 

I am going to hate not getting to hold him and spend time with him right after he is born.  This delivery will be very different than our previous births.  I am really not even sure if I will really be able to see him at all at first...hopefully I can get a little glimpse!  I cannot imagine!  The doctor did say that I hopefully will feel up to going to the NICU by that evening to see him.  I know if I am humanly possible I will. 

This morning I was reading through the book of Job...again.   I have found comfort in that story throughout the past few months.  I cannot imagine facing all that Job faced.  I have found comfort in Job 38 when God Speaks to Job and gives him a glimpse at his power and authority.  You cannot read it without thinking...okay God...you are way bigger than I am and so I am just going to be quiet.  Today these verses stood out to me:
"Do you know when the mountain goats give birth?
Do you watch when the doe bears her fawn?
Do you count the months til they bear?
Do you know the time they give birth?
They crouch down and bring forth their young;
their labor pains are ended.
Their young thrive and grow strong in the wilds;
they leave and do not return."  Job 39:1-4

Obviously it caught my attention because it displays how interested and involved God is in the births of the animals of the wild.  I know that man is far more valuable to God than the animals and it reminded me that God is very interested and involved in the birth of each and every baby.  This is not a new revelation, but one that brings me comfort. 

WooHoo, tomorrow is Saturday.  Two weeks from tonight I should be sleeping in my very OWN bed!  I cannot wait.

1 comment:

eastandwest said...

Julie, you are doing great. You are right that you have done everything in your power. Our Bible verse yesterday was Psalm 139:5 "You place your hand of blessing on my head." The One who knit Eli together so perfectly still has His hand on that sweet little head (with hair.) :)