Saturday, July 9, 2011

Counting down!

Today was a good day at the ole hospital.  Kev went home this morning to spend some time with the girls and get some things done at home...like washing my four outfits!  He brought the girls up this afternoon and we played in the room and then they took nice long naps.  They are definitely warming up to hospital life and have made friends with nurses, cafeteria staff, and housekeeping staff. One nurse even brings them a surprise each day after they take their nap.  It is so sweet.  Eliza has also finally warmed up to the hospital bed and more to her mommy again.  Poor thing, I am sure she really has no clue why mommy is living at the hospital. 

I forgot to mention yesterday that I had what I would like to say was my VERY LAST ULTRASOUND EVER!!!  The tech was asking me how many I thought I'd had since I started having babies and I really think it is too many to count.  I am sure it is close to at least a hundred and I am not even exaggerating.  I really hope I don't one day find out that they are really harmful or something!

Yesterday on my ultrasound my fluid measured a 6.  That is pretty good considering I have been ruptured for almost 4 weeks now.  Eli's right ventricle, which is the smaller of the two measured 8mm.   That is down a bit from the previous week and down is always good.  They couldn't measure the larger left one due to the fact that his head is so low.  We did see some movement in his hips and he was practicing his breathing like crazy!  They didn't do a growth scan again this week, but he should be weighing around 4lbs 5oz or so.  I hope he is at least that big by Tuesday. 

The countdown is really almost over...two more days.  I have one more IV to get in the morning...my 8th, and that should be my last!  I am so thankful to the Lord that he has sustained me through these weeks.  When I was admitted I really didn't think I could handle being here until 34 weeks, even though I knew I needed to for Eli.  I am also so thankful to so many who have prayed and shown love to our family.  We have been so blessed by your kindness. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woohoo - the end (of this leg of the journey) is in sight! Praying for a miracle of EPIC proportions on Tuesday - may Eli enter this world waving & kicking and yelling and generally having a good ole time!!