Thursday, July 7, 2011

3 week Hospital update

Not much going on in hospital land today. I had a slow morning.  It appeared that my next door neighbor was having some major difficulty this morning.  The nurses were obviously very occupied and it was about 10:30am before they finally got me on the monitor.  I am on it each morning for 30 minutes to an hour, so I felt like I'd never be able to take a shower. 

Our associate pastor and his wife, Louise, stopped in to visit me today while they were doing hospital visitation.  It was good to chat with them for a while.  I also had a sweet new friend stop in.  She brought us doughnuts and even offered to paint my toes for me.  I think that was the sweetest thing ever!  They look a lot better!

Kev and the girls arrived and he brought their toenail clippers and we finally got that taken care of.  Kev is still scared to trim their nails so it has always been my job. Eliza wanted her toes painted too and I must say it is hard to paint those tiny little toenails. 

I feel like we are really getting closer to Tuesday!  I will be glad to get there except I am getting really scared.  I am not looking forward to having my stomach cut back open and it having to re-heal.  It hasn't been long enough for me to forget yet.  I am also a little weirded out about being awake while they are cutting me open.  I think I will be claustrophobic lying on that table. It is probably time to stop watching A Baby Story!  The only time I care to watch it is when I am pregnant. 

I am so thankful to be in my final 4 days!  I am not counting Tuesday!  Oh, and the same doctor who delivered our first son, Samuel will also be delivering our last child, Eli.  He is a great doctor and I was glad to learn that he would be here on Tuesday.

5 comments:

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Thanks for the update today.

I will continue to pray for you -- and for a calm heart.

Rachel

Colleen said...

If you are nervous about the c-section, ask if they are going to give you Versed. It makes you sleepy, but it also makes you *not care* in a good way. :) Takes all the fear away!
I have had two c-sections now (not counting fetal surgery), and I'm always nervous going into it, but when I'm finally settled on the table, I'm just so excited to meet the babe. You'll do fine! It doesn't hurt or anything--you just have to lay there and let the docs do all the work. :)

Tiff said...

Praying for y'all.. I had a section as well.. Minevwas an emergency, so I was knocked completely out. But I am with you on how you feel.. And same goes for the baby story!

Heather said...

Praying for you often. You are in the home stretch of hospital time! Praying for peace and strength as you head toward meeting little Eli!

Melissa said...

Praying for you and hope all goes well as I know it will on Tuesday!