Saturday, July 16, 2011

The answer is Yes!!

One surprising day in December,
Three Early ultrasounds at 6, 8, and 12 weeks,
A devastating diagnosis day in March,
Hours upon hours of research on the computer,
An Amnio and days of waiting,
Airline tickets purchased and consult in another state,
Lots and lots of prayers,
10 hour trip with family and friends,
A scary 4 hour surgery,
A week in the hospital far away from home,
A stomach that will never look the same,
A Flight home in a thunderstorm,
Eight weeks on modified bedrest at home,
Weeks of letting others help me,
12 weeks of not driving,
A summer with no pool, beach or vacation,
8 weeks of long Friday afternoon appointments,
4 weeks of hospital bedrest,
8 IV's
30 days away from home,
4 weeks of 5:00 rounds and annoying questions from med students
4 weeks of leaking...sorry TMI
23 ultrasounds,
27 Non-stress tests
A really not fun c-section experience,
Another not pretty incision,
cankles in a major way,
Milk, milk, and do I say more milk....

So, was it worth it?
Tonight while I nursed my little baby boy for the first time and he opened his tiny little baby eyes and really looked at me for the first time ever...the answer is YES!!!  Every minute, every fear, every pain, every inconvenience, every tear...he is so worth it!  I love you Eli Matthew!



5 comments:

Christi said...

He's beautiful. So excited for your family.

Christi

Christin K said...

SO sweet! I am so glad you got to nurse him!!!!

eastandwest said...

I'm not much of a crier, but this brought tears to my eyes. Sweet Eli, fearfully and wonderfully made, we can't wait to get to know you and watch you grow!

The Tylers said...

I am a crier & I have to tell you, I a crying. I am so so so happy for all of you & so happy he is doing well. He is absolutely beautiful...wait, are boys allowed to be beautiful? He is absolutely HANDSOME!

Kerri said...

Amen and Amen! What a beautiful heart, a beautiful testimony and a beautiful boy!