Monday, July 4, 2011

Fireworks on the Fourth!

Today was definitely a different fourth for our family!  Our girls spent the day with family and Kev spent the day sitting with me at the hospital.  It was a long day.  Perhaps it was because I knew that it was a holiday and it just wasn't much fun being bound to the hospital or maybe it was because we saved my 30 min. wheelchair ride until 9pm so we could try to watch the fireworks.  Either way it seemed like a lot of time in this room.

A sweet family from our church brought us some delicious ribs, potatoes, corn and and cookies.  It was very sweet and it was so much better than hospital food!!  Kev's parents also stopped by and visited.  Around 9pm Kev and our friend Wes, who works here at the hospital, took me to the 10th floor to watch the fireworks.  We actually had a pretty good view.  I really did miss watching our girl's faces as they watched them.  Next year hopefully we will be in a much better place and able to celebrate the fun of the fourth as a family.

We are almost at one week until Eli arrives.  My c-section is scheduled for next Tues., July 12th at 11:00am.  I am sure we will get pushed back some since we are scheduled for later in the day.  I am getting very nervous about meeting Eli.  I am so ready for some normalcy I could almost scream, and yet I know our lives are about to change forever.  I am scared to watch and see if he can moves his legs or has feeling in his feet.  I am nervous to see if he does in fact have clubbed foot.  That honestly breaks my heart.  You never want anything to be wrong with your baby!  I am scared about what we will learn as the what ifs turn into reality.  I am scared about all that "could" be wrong. Even then so much will be a wait and see!  I am not faithless, but I do know that real struggles are a reality in life.  We would appreciate your continued prayers as we meet this new addition to our family.

4 comments:

The Carters said...

Just to think next July 4th you'll three little faces to watch during the fireworks :) So happy that Eli has been able to stay in the womb this long. That's such a blessing he's had more time to "cook". Praying that your anxieties will be eased some.

Wishing you a great week!!

Teresa.hilton said...

Not long now! I know you are so ready for Eli to be in your arms and home with you. Knowing there will be a time where he will be in the hospital and all of you will be home, we know God will protect him.
It goes without saying, God picked you and Kevin to be Eli's parents.

Always in our prayers.

sl said...

Praying for you and your sweet baby in Ky. Hang in there, you will see him soon. Praying God comforts your fears as you wait to meet him.

Colleen said...

You have done great staying pregnant for so long! If you get bored (and I know how busy you must be in that hospital room, lol), here are some excerpts from my pregnancy journal, which are sometimes so similar to yours.
http://whatnatesaidtoday.blogspot.com/2010/06/excerpts-from-my-pregnancy-journal.html