Sunday, July 10, 2011

1 more day!

Last night, a few seconds after I hit publish on my post, my cell phone rang.  It was Kevin and he had called to tell me that Ella had just thrown up!  She had left the hospital about an hour earlier. We shared a kiss and hug and she bee bopped down the hall with her usual spunkiness!  She had been fine all day!  During her naptime at the hospital she had snuggled right up beside me nose to nose.  As soon as he called, all I could think about was all of us getting a stomach virus this week. 

I also hated not being at home to care for her, even though it takes everything in me to clean up throw-up without throwing up myself.  She was so sad and called me and said, "Mommy, I am throwing up and can never go to church."  I think she had overheard Kev saying that they wouldn't be able to make it to church today.  I must just insert here that Kev did awesome on Daddy duty today.  He didn't even get frustrated with me when I called a million times to check on them and to remind him to Lysol and wash hands constantly.

So far she has been okay today...just laying around more than normal.  And thankfully, so far everyone else is okay.  I talked to my doctor this morning and told her I had been exposed and she said if I start to feel sick at all they will go ahead and deliver me asap.  I can't think of much worse than having my stomach cut open (my incision is quite large from my fetal surgery and they will use the same one again on Tues.) and having a stomach virus.  I might just ask to be put to sleep for a day or two. I can also not think of much worse than for Kev to be sick as a dog on the birth day of our last child.  It is kind of a day you can't redo.  So, needless to say I am praying and praying that we will stay well as well as our friends and family who have been around us recently. 

I cannot believe that tomorrow is my final full day as a pregnant person.  I got my 8th and final IV today.  My nurse got an L&D nurse to come and do it because I didn't have a lot of vein options left in my arms and apparently you have to have a bigger IV for surgery.  She did awesome.  I couldn't believe how painless it was.  This has been such a long journey even though it has been a shorter pregnancy.  I am so ready and so nervous all at the same time. 

13 comments:

The Carters said...

Praying for you all to stay healthy!! Praying for a good last "pregnant" day and that you are able to have a good night's rest :)

eastandwest said...

We are praying that everyone stays well and that you have as easy a delivery as possible. We can't wait to meet this little man we've been praying for for so long! Thanks for all of the sacrifices you've made so that we can all share in the joys of watching him grow!

sl said...

Praying for you and baby in Ky. Praying for the little ones at home and Daddy!

Colleen said...

So excited for you! You made it! Hope everyone stays well!

Stephanie said...

We are praying for God to protect all of you from the sickness and for a safe delivery on Tuesday. We praise Him for making Eli stay put just a little longer despite his attempts to break out! We can't wait to see how God is going to use this precious boy to bring so much joy to your family and glory to His name!

Jessica said...

just hours now sister!! praying praying praying.

The Kinards! said...

praying for you all!! i grew up with your sis jessica & have been following your blog!! can't wait to see pics & read all about sweet Eli! :)

Heather said...

Praying that the rest of you stay healthy. One more day! Praying for Eli's delivery to go smoothly and for you peace and strength as the time approaches.

Melissa said...

Praying for you and I hope all stay healthy!

StarlaRNC said...

Julie, praying all goes well for you and little Eli tomorrow. I wish you were delivering again at St. Francis but you're in the place you need to be.

Blessings!
Starla

Anonymous said...

Praying for good health for everyone - and for these last hours to fly by. Wow - has it been this long??? Can not wait to see precious Eli in person - oh the plans God has for him and his family!

Teresa.hilton said...

Julie,
May you be cuddled in Gods arms on Tuesday as the doctors deliver your precious Eli to you and Kevin.

We thank you for letting us be a part of your life. I can't wait to see Eli come home with his big sisters, then before you know it, you will be running after all 3 of them!!


We love all of you and you are ALWAYS in our prayers.

April said...

I am praying for a safe and easy delivery tomorrow. I know this is a scary time, but God is holding you all in His mighty hands. Hugs and blessings from Texas!