Monday, July 18, 2011

Look who is wearing clothes!!!

Kev and I just got home from our late night visit with Eli.  I am trying to visit him every morning and every evening so I can nurse and be there with him.  He is doing really well.  He got moved from the Level 3 nicu to the Level 2 nursery.  He was only on 2% oxygen and the plan is to completely wean him from it tonight as long as he does fine.  They are continuing to up his feeds each day and he had his first bottle today and nursed well tonight.  Mommy and Daddy were so proud of him. 

Thank you all for your sweet comments.  I have felt better today.  I am just exhausted and I am so ready for my body to feel more normal again.  I think all the weeks of taking it easy and then hospital bedrest has really zapped my energy level. 


When we arrived tonight he was wearing clothes!  So cute!


I don't know when Eli will be coming home, but mommy and daddy have a lot to do to get ready for his arrival.  I can't wait.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is just so sweet!!!! Every time I see pictures, I am reminded of God's grace and goodness -

Stephanie said...

Praying that Eli keeps gaining strength so he can come home sooner. We know that he will do the best at home with his family. Also praying for your hormones to stabilize quickly. Baby blues really stink! Especially when you have to leave your baby in the NICU every day. Been there with Sydney. We'll keep praying! You keep posting pics and updates on that precious boy (and girls)! Much love!

Ann said...

Julie, how precious! So glad he is improving. He'll be home before you know it! Keeping you ALL bathed in prayer! I really enjoy keeping up with you all re the blog. Thanks.
Ann Lee

The Carters said...

Eli is so precious. I pray he will get to come home soon. I know the you all are ready to have him home. I pray you will continue to rest and the baby blues won't last long. You have done such an amazing job. Eli is truly blessed to have you for a mother.

Teresa.hilton said...

Julie,
Can't say enough how precious he is and how beautiful you are.

Oh, how wonderful is God's grace!

eastandwest said...

He's so cute in his little peanut clothes! I need to get your bassinet back to you for when he is HOME! You are doing a great job, mommy. I am praying for you as you settle into your new normal.