Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sleepy Saturday

Well, we have made it through another day. I got a visit from my girls today and we had some friends from church stop by and visit us tonight.  It was a pretty slow and sleepy day! 

Today as we were taking my daily wheelchair ride we saw a small sign on a door with a little lamb on it.  As soon as I saw it I knew exactly what it meant.  It is a sign that is placed on a door when a family loses a baby.  It helps health care workers know that a loss has occurred so they can be sensitive to the family inside.  As we passed the door my heart ached for the family inside.  Five and a half years ago on the very same hall, Kev and I sat in a little room with the same sign on our door. 

While this pregnancy has been so challenging and hard, I am thankful that most likely we will take home(eventually) a little baby boy who we can love and watch grow.  I am so scared about what raising Eli will be like, but at the same time I am thankful that we will get to raise Eli. 

This past week the girls went to VBS at our church.  Each day we asked Ella what she learned.  Yesterday her lesson was on Hannah.  I was told that she told her teacher, "I have a Samuel(pronounced as rhyming with camel) and an Eli."  To her they are both a very real part of our family.

I can't believe we are almost to the fourth of July!  Getting Closer...10 more days till delivery day!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I hope this doesnt come across weird but everytime I read another post, I wish I was in the NICU recieving your little boy once he is born, and being his nurse. I think you would both be wonderful to work with and would love to be a part of your family's journey as you go thru the NICU stay and become more confident in caring for this special little boy.
I hope the next weeks of bed rest go fast for you and that you little boy surpasses everyones expectation when he comes out yelling at the world!!

Joyce
NICU in Western Australia