Saturday, June 25, 2011

So long Saturday

Another day is almost done.  It is sad to be counting the days away, but when you are stuck in a hospital room, it is about all you can do.  I learned today that each day that Eli stays put will cut off about 3 days in the NICU.  That is a good perspective for me to remember because at times this is terribly hard and I am ready to be done!

Kev took me outside for my wheelchair ride today.  It was my first time outside in a week and two days.  The sunshine felt good.  It was strange because it was a reminder that life is still very much happening all around even though it feels like we are locked in a strange kind of dream. 

I am so anxious to go home.  I cannot wait to sleep in my own bed.  To shower in my clean shower.  To be the one caring for my girls.  To have freedom again.  I know as soon as I leave the hospital I will be torn, because I will be leaving my precious little newborn behind.  I am sure the minute I get home, I am going to feel the need to get back.  Please Lord help us through this time. 

Once again today I was so grateful for the sweet friends who stopped in and passed some time with us.  We appreciate it more than you know!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

You will be so glad to have this blog to look back on in the years to come. My Nate's 5th birthday is today, and every year on his birthday I go back and read through the journal that I kept (this was pre-blog) while I was pregnant and on bedrest/hospital bedrest. I also vividly remember how wierd it was to take those wheelchair trips outside and realize the rest of the world was humming along while time stood still in my hospital room!

I also learned that while God was letting Nate cook a little longer, he was mostly working on me. :) Do you remember praying for patience recently, cause I think that's what got me in that mess, lol!

Jessica said...

1=3 day?! that's awesome. That means after 48 hours of him in you, you have almost a whole week worth of nicu completed!! hang in there.. you are almost to 32 which is so awesome!