Tuesday, June 28, 2011

2 more Weeks

Until this family of four becomes a family of five!

Daddy was being silly!

2 more weeks plus a few recovery days until mommy is back!

This mommy is READY to resume my mommy job!


32 Weeks and hoping Eli is growing!


So my attempt at talking my doctor out of a full-time Iv didn't go over so well!  The day nurse tried and the vein blew so I am waiting for the night nurse to try.  I hope I have some veins left by the time I have Eli. 

I feel like we are trying our best to make the most of this hospital stay.  I am beginning to know all my nurses and they are very sweet.  Even my cleaning lady has been stopping and watching a little TV with me.  We watched a lady do a water delivery the other day on TLC together!  Kev has been taking me for my wheelchair ride to the food court.  They have some pretty good options which are better than the same hospital food every day.  We are trying to consider it as a date. 

Speaking of TLC....the show Baby's First Days( I think that is the right name),  was taped at Vanderbilt.  A lot of the episodes were taped in the room I had before/after my fetal surgery.  It is neat to watch it on tv and know we were there 10 weeks ago today!

I really feel like if I can get through this week, next week I can really be counting down the days.  I think I am going to make a countdown chain for the girls so that whenever they come they can remove a link(s), so that they will have a better idea of when Eli will be here. 

There are many people who have made some huge sacrifices to help get us through this time.  You have sacrificed your time, energy, and your own plans to be there for us.  You have traveled to a yucky hospital to sit and chat, you have prepared meals, you have called and texted, you have sent cards and encouraged.   To all who have so unselfishly loved us....we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.  If the Lord is teaching us anything, it is to be more compassionate to those who are hurting and those who are in need.  We pray we will be as loving and giving as many of you! 


2 comments:

abriddle said...

Hi Julie,

Just wanted to let you know I have thinking and praying for you and your family. I remember how difficult my pregnancy was with my little girl that has spina bifida and what an emotional roller coaster it can be. My family and I will continue to pray for you and Eli, prayig for easy delivery and a fabulous, sweet, healthy Eli!

Many Blessings,
Ashli

Tiff said...

Julie, we too have been praying for you in SC..Special needs babies can be challenging, but worth every second of it! :)