Thursday, June 16, 2011

Admitted

It is 8 o'clock and I am typing from a bed I hadn't planned on laying in today.  Last night I started thinking that I might be leaking a little fluid.  I am sorry, I am sure that is way TMI and it is way more info. than I normally would share.  Well, it is part of the lovely pregnancy journey.  I really wasn't convinced though.  I am not one to over-react and I was hoping that it was only my bladder that couldn't take the pressure of a little head sitting on it for the fourth time and well you know.  Now that is really TMI!  I knew today that I needed to get checked even though my normal weekly appointment would have been tom. 

I really didn't think it was my fluid...perhaps I was in denial.   Thankfully, I think the Lord prompted me to get a few things together this morning just in case.  I am so glad now.  Sure enough, it was my fluid leaking.  I think we are still in shock that I will not leave the hospital until Eli has arrived.  I am 30 weeks and 3 days.  I am praying to get to 32.  If I make it there and further, they will deliver him at 34 weeks which is July 12.  Honestly, I feel a little doubtful that I will make it there.

I am all hooked up to the monitors and we are listening to little Eli's heart beating away.  I have started contracting some...about every 13-20 min.  I am praying that they will stop soon.  I have my IV and have been reintroducded to my old pal "Mag" or magnesium...seems like it hasn't been that long since we spent a few long nights together.  If you've never had it, it makes you feel like you are on fire from the inside and makes me really nauseous.  So far so good.  I think I will only be on it for 12 hours.  I am also on a few antibotics and I have recevied my first steriod shot to help Eli's lungs. 

I cannot help but think that God continues to be at work in our lives.  Once we were admitted and the nurse was taking us to our room she said it was room 9.  I knew immediately that room 9 was the very room that I spent a very long and painful night in 5 1/2 years ago.  It is the room that I delivered my first child in.  It is the only place I ever saw him and the only place that he was ever alive.  I never thought I 'd ever grace the doors of room 9 again. 

If that is not God ordained enough, we got into the room and saw on the board that our Nurse's name was Becky.  Sure enough, it was the very sweet and caring nurse Becky who guided me through my first ever labor and delivery.  She was such an amazing nurse that day and her care meant so much to us.  She was the very person that I handed my precious newborn baby to for the last time ever.  She remembered us immediately as well.  I was able to once again thank her for helping us through a very hard day many years ago. 

Okay, so I can only think that God is going a head of us and walking with us on this journey.  Thank you for your prayers.  I miss being at home tucking in my girls in their beds already.  Please pray for Eli that he can hang in there a little while longer!

Oh and one more thing!! Last week they were unable to get an accurate measurement on his left ventricle due to positioning.  We knew today that it would have been almost two weeks since we'd gotten a measurement.  Today it measured 14 which is exactly what it measured two weeks ago.  It is the first time we hadn't seen an increase since my surgery. We were very thankful for that!  His right ventricle is still holding stable at 9.  They also estimated him to weigh around 3lbs 2 oz.  He will be a peanut for sure. 

Thanks again for your prayers for Eli and our family!

6 comments:

April said...

I am so sorry you have been admitted and have to be away from your baby girls. I will be praying for you all, but especially for little Eli to stay put for a few more weeks! I will continue to follow your story and can't wait to read about Eli's birth story.

I also wanted to share that my daughter with SB is named Ella (4 1/2) and I have a son named Samuel(2). You have great taste in baby names! ;)

Please feel free to email me if you would like to talk to a fellow SB mom. aprilkwan at msn dot com. Ella's SB is a little different than most as her back was closed. She had a very large lipoma (sac) on her back (L2-S4) that contained her spinal cord and other nerves. She didn't have surgery until she was 3 months old and, very fortunately, doesn't have a shunt. I also know a couple of moms who had the fetal surgery that I could put you in touch with. It always helps me to talk to veteran moms.

Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way!
April

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

I will be praying for you and that your little Eli stays put for as long a possible. Praying for hope and encouragement for you as well!!

Jenna said...

Praying for you guys!!! Thank you for keeping us updated.

Anonymous said...

HI! I found your blog through a prayer request and felt the need to send you a short message! I had my daughter at 32 weeks 5 1/2 years ago due to preterm labor. I was on Mag and had two sets of steroid shots before she came! I am praying you can make it too 32+ weeks as well and your little Eli will be nice and plump! (well as plump as a 32 week baby can be!!) I read your last few posts and cant believe all you have gone through the past few years... I am so so sorry for the loss of your Samuel. I have heard of the prenatal surgery and the amazing things it can do for a baby. I need to read back further and figure out just how everything went.

Praying for you all!

Rebecca

the workaholic momma said...

I just came across your blog and will be praying for you tonight!!

Colleen said...

Wow, it is amazing you were moved to the same room with the same nurse. That's definitely a God thing. I'm hoping this experience, although stressful on its own, is also a healing time.