Saturday, June 4, 2011

Friday appt. 6-3-11

Yesterday we had our weekly appointment and ultrasound.  It was a shorter appointment which is always good and I passed my glucose test again this time.  I have never not passed the one hour one, but this time I had to take it in the afternoon after eating all day and I just knew I'd fail.  I spend enough time in that doctor's office each week that I am so thankful that I don't have to do the 3 hour one too. 

It was a shorter ultrasound and my fluid levels were good.  Eli was head down this week, which I had already thought because I have been feeling what I thought was a little hiney in my ribs.  He was practicing his breathing and did good on his BFP. 

The bummer was that again his left ventricle is continuing to increase each week.  Last Friday it measured around ll and this week it was up to 14.  That was the largest increase we have seen in a one week time frame.  It was disappointing, yet there is absolutely nothing we can do to prevent it.  The right ventricle continues to be normal and was even one mm less this week.  If you think of us and feel led to pray for Eli, please pray that his left ventricle would stabilize this week.

My c-section is scheduled for Aug. 2 at 8am.  My doctor said that anytime after July 11 if I start contracting they will do section that day without even trying to stop the contractions.  I will not be allowed to labor at all due to the risk of uterine rupture following the surgery.  I will be surprised if I make it to Aug. 2, because with both of the girls I spent a night in the hospital prior to delivery with contractions every 2-4 minutes that finally went away with meds. and fluids.   We'll see....the longer the better, but I am so ready to be done.  Can I say that again...I am so ready to be done!!

I am ready to see my sweet little Eli.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie - seeing you with Eli in your arms will be a glimpse for all of us behind the curtain into heaven! Praying for healing miracles and that you & your family would be wrapped in a blanket of comfort and peace and serenity from now till August 2nd!

Heather said...

Praying for that left ventricle right now! I believe that God is going to give you the grace and direction you need for Eli with each step you take. Praying your joy and peace are both abounding as you wait for him to come.