Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Another Day Down

I figured if we are going to have many pictures from this summer, we better get started taking some each day at the hospital.

Ella trying out my leg massagers.  She told me she was about to have surgery. 

The best part of visiting mommy....

is a daily treat from the gift shop!

We had a good day today.  Kev had some appointments this morning and I spent a little time alone.  Each day I am determined to get up and to feel as normal as possible.  Generally each day someone comes in my room and sees me and says, "Oh, it looks like you are about to be discharged."  I wish!  I always feel better when I am showered, dressed and ready for the day...even if that only involves sitting!

We had several sweet visitors today who helped us pass some time.  We are so thankful for so many sweet, sweet friends who are such a blessing to us. 

We also got to meet with a Neonatologist from the NICU today.  I felt a lot better after meeting her .  I know you can never really know what to expect and having SB will complicate things even more, but I feel like I better know what to expect. She said that every day that he is inside counts.  She did even say that if he comes out breathing on his own he can go straight to the level 2 nursery!!  You can pray about that if you'd like!!

It is really surreal to me that I will be having a baby (my very last baby)  in less than 3 weeks.  This has been such a different pregnancy.  Normally, I would have everything completely ready for the baby. Tiny clothes would be washed in Dreft and waiting.  Packs of tiny, sweet smelling Swaddler diapers would be lining the closet.  I would have been nesting for weeks.  Our home would be clean and organized.  There would be matching big sister and little brother shirts.  There would be some new toiletries and a new Bath and Body lotion for me, carefully packed in my hospital bag.  There would probably be tears and extra close snuggles, as I treasured my last night with Eliza being the baby.  Needless to say, this is all so different and none of that really matters at all.  I know the feeling will be the same the moment I see my baby! 

2 comments:

Tiff said...

Julie-- praying for the breathing on his own! That's incredible! T stayed level one for two and a half weeks.. Then went to level two for the rest of his NICU stay..

Heather said...

Praying that he can go straight to the Level 2! Love the pix of you all.