Thursday, June 23, 2011

Long Day

Today was a very, very long day.  It was the first day that I spent the day completely alone sitting in this lovely little room.  As the day went on, I felt more and more alone and sad.  I have made it one week now at the hospital and I am missing my home and our normal life so much.  I miss being at home with my girls so much I almost cannot stand it.  I think the hardest part is that I know it very well could be two and a half more weeks.  Normally that would seem like nothing, but in this situation it seems like an eternity.  I know I have to take it one day at a time,

I did have an ultrasound this morning and it went pretty well.  My fluids levels were higher than they had expected, especially since I have been ruptured for over a week now.  The other good news was that Eli's left ventricle, which has always been the largest one only measured 13mm today.  That is one mm less than it measured last Thursday. One mm is not a big difference and they said it could just be a measurement error.  Either way, I am so thankful that it measured less and hasn't increased now in 3 weeks. That is awesome news.  Maybe all this hardwork with prenatal surgery, bedrest and now hospital bedrest won't be in vain.  It would definitely be worth it if we can be one of the fortunate ones to avoid a shunt.  

The only discouraging news was that they saw minimal movement in his legs and knees.  We did see a little bit, but he said it was concerning.  That is always hard news to hear.  I am praying and praying that maybe he will surprise us when he is born. 

5 comments:

Colleen said...

I know it doesn't help much, but I know exactly how you feel. I was in that hospital room in the same situation for 4 weeks. I almost went crazy. My mom tried to keep me entertained by bringing board games and movies and crafts for me to do. All you can do is try to keep busy. It will be worth it. It really will.

carissa said...

i just have to say (i could say it a thousand times over!) that your faith always encourages me and i'm certain it strengthens so many in the Body of Christ. and if you aren't told that at least every single day, you should be.

LaPaula Williams said...

Julie, I am praying for you! You are a precious gal and your faith encourages me. Praying for sweet Eli and for that your days go quickly for the next several weeks. I love you.

Heather said...

I'm sorry. I know the times alone in that room can get so lonely and boring, and it leaves you time to think too much. Praying for your strength and encouragement. You can do this!

The Watkins said...

Hi julie! This is ivana-jess browns friend. As u know, im in charleston too. Jess shared what has been going on with eli and with kevin. I thank the Lord for protecting your husband. And im believing for many more miracles and good reports for eli. Im wondering if your family would want a meal while mommy is temporarily away. I would love to do that or bring u some yummies. My email is ivanajw@gmail.com
Ill be at musc on the 29 or 30 to visit my daughters friend who will be in the childrens hospital-maybe i could drop off some goodies? Im praying that eli will remain inside and that your girls will be comforted and that you will have peace while at the hospital. Ivana