Sunday, June 19, 2011

Buying Time

Thankfully yesterday was a much quieter day in the life of our family.  Kev and I spent the day with him laying in the hospital chair reclined and me in the bed.  He is very bruised and very sore. Yet,  I continue to be so thankful that he was able to walk away from such a terrible accident.  When I look at the pictures of the accident on-line and from the news I cannot believe it is our car that I am looking at.  I also cannot believe that he was in there.  I am so thankful that he is alive and only just sore and bruised.

Things with Eli seem to be pretty good so far.  I have received both of my steroid shots to aid in his lung development and they have both had time to take full effect. I have been on antibiotics since I got here and so far there are no signs of infection.  My contractions seem to be laying low today, which is good.  It is hard because we are just waiting....pretty much waiting for something to go wrong and immediately off to surgery I will go.  I don't really like the idea of an emergency C-section, but I guess nothing about this pregnancy normal.

I feel so torn.  I know Eli needs as much time as possible to grow and gain weight inside of me, but being here is really hard!  I think knowing that I could possibly have another 3 weeks and two days before my c-section plus my recovery days plus all of Eli's NICU days....I am thinking I may never leave.   The doctor did say this morning that starting tomorrow I can have some wheelchair privileges around the hospital and maybe a short time outside for my sanity.  That sounds really nice....this little room is getting really little! 

I am also a bit of a germaphobe at a hospital.   I hate for anything to touch the floor.  I just never feel like anything is clean.  I am just plain paranoid!  Not a good thing when this is your living quarters for a while. I may be requesting my own can of Lysol before this is all over!!
The hardest part of it all is missing my girls.  I miss them terribly even though they have come for several short visits so far.  Ella brought me about 15 pictures she had colored and I couldn't help but cry.  We are really trying our best to keep them in a normal routine with as little change as possible.  This is best for them as well as mommy and daddy. 

Finally, Happy Father's day to my wonderful Dad!  You once again exemplified why you are such a great dad on Friday when you sprinted down hwy. 61 to get to Kevin right after his accident (traffic was very backed up and he had to park and run a ways to the scene of the accident).  We are so thankful for your unconditional love for all of us. 

1 comment:

Heather said...

It's very hard being in that little room. I'm glad you get to get out a little. So glad that Kevin is doing as well as he is. Praying that you can feel God's presence during your time in the hospital.