Tuesday, June 28, 2011

32 Weeks...HOORAY!

It is offically after midnight, so I have finally made it to the 32nd week in the hardest pregnancy ever!  Normally I don't think much about being 32 weeks except for the fact that it usually means I have about 6 weeks left.  This time it seems like such a milestone.  It also means that my c-section is offically 2 weeks away...or less!  (They are not letting me go past 34 due to the risk outweighing the benefits).

I was thinking that 7/11/11 would be a better birthdate than 7/12/11, but I am not sure what the docs would think of that.  All I know is one day earlier means one day earlier.  I have never been to prison and never plan to go...but I have to assume it might feel somewhat similar to this.  Being an adult it is a rare occurance that you are told you cannot do something.  I don't really like knowing that I cannot leave the hospital. 

I decided to get crafty and sent Kevin for my art supplies.  I painted a canvas for Eli's room today.  I worked on it most of the day and evening, which is why I am up so late.  It turned out pretty much like I wanted and occupied a lot of my day.  That is a good thing.

I am IV less for a few hours.  I accidently knocked it today and it started to swell and turn red under the site.  My nurse was sweet and took it out for a little while.  (I am not receiving anything in the IV anymore, but they are making me keep one in case of an emergency!)  I did ask about not having one, but the doctor quickly shot me down.  Oh well!  Did you know that IV's have to be changed every 4 days. I never realized this until this hospital stay because normally they haven't been this long.  I am now on my fourth IV and have about 4 more to get before I go home.  I am not really liking that!!

I better try to go to sleep!  Someone will be in before I know it to check Eli's heartbeat and my vitals!   Oh and the doctor will be in doing her rounds about 5:30am.  I am sure there is a perfectly good reason why they do it so early, but it is really terrible timing.  For one, I never have my contacts in and cannot see her to save my life. I have seen her everyday for two weeks and still have no clue what she looks like.  Maybe tomorrow I should try to find my glasses before she enters the room.   She always asks me if I have any questions and I am hardly awake enough to make a coherent sentence much less think of any questions worth asking at that time.   Oh well! 

Time to go to bed!

5 comments:

Colleen said...

:) you probably get tired of me saying I know exactly how you feel but I do remember these same thoughts. On Nates birthday a couple days ago I read my pregnancy journal and relived it. A year from now you are going to be in such a much better situation. It's going to be great! And congrats on 32 weeks!!!!

Mike and Kelly said...

Hi Julie! I found your blog and I'm glad I did. I was in a similar situation as you. Andrew was diagnosed with SB at 19 weeks, I had the prenatal surgery at 21 weeks, I started leaking at 25 weeks and Andrew was born at 27 weeks. He is currently 31 weeks old so it sounds like I was one week behind you in all this craziness. I'm so HAPPY you are still holding strong. I laid in the hospital bed praying to make it to 32 weeks so I know how relieved you are. I will be keeping you in my prayers/thoughts you hang on even longer!!

The Carters said...

Yeah for 32 weeks!! And I agree - 7/11/11 is a good birthday.

Sean's is 7/8/99 - easy to remember :)

Hoping you find lots of art projects to do this week to keep you occupied!

joyfullness said...

Hi Julie! I am a friend of Jess Brown's...and i have been peaking in on your story for a couple months now...Yay for 32 weeks...
You should know that there are many people who have kept you in their prayers...a fellow bloggy friend of mine posted on facebook and asked for prayer for your family after Kevin's accident..she lives in California..and has a sweet heart for others and the Lord. I hope you feel encouraged..and FYI..July 12th is my Birthday..I would LOVE to share in celebrating with sweet Eli!! You are doing great..I'll be checking in on you often!
Joyfully!

eastandwest said...

Julie, you are such a trooper and you are doing awesome! The just-in-case i.v. would drive me nuts too. We love you guys and pray for you often. Grace prayed for you tonight before bed. We all love little Eli and can't wait to meet him... but we will. :)