Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tuesday...glad to be one week out!

I am so glad to be one week out from surgery now!  I am so thankful to have a week of healing behind me today rather than where I was last week at this time.  I am continuing to feel better each day.  Today we had an appointment with a pediatric urologist at Vanderbilt.  We spoke briefly with my doctor a few days ago about the possibility of us returning after Eli is born to be seen at the Spina Bifida clinic here.  We do have a SB clinic in our town so it will really depend of how things go there.  We really want him to have the best care that he can have and so we are looking into this as an option for the future.  It was good to meet with the urologist and get some ideas of care and what will happen after his birth from an urological perspective.  I have learned that so much at this point is a wait and see, but I always like to be prepared for what might be coming.  As always we are praying that he will do better than the norm and will always surpass our expectations.  I am sure that is every parent's hope as they raise a child that has extra needs.

We are praying that today is our last day here.  It has been a good stay, but we are ready to get home.  They are expecting lots of severe weather here for tonight and for tomorrow,  We are really praying that this will not mess up out flight home.  Ella is excited about her first airplane ride.  It should be fun for mom and Kevin navigating us through the airport with me in a wheelchair, Eliza in a stroller and Ella.  It shouldn't be too bad once we get all of our luggage checked.  So, tomorrow is our last hurdle before we are home.  SO thankful1

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I'm so glad to catch up and see how well things are going! You continue to be in prayers!

Amy said...

Julie, I am so glad to hear things are going well! You, Eli, and your family are in our prayers!