Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Post Op day 1

Today is my first day post opt and I am so thankful to have this surgery behind me.  The doctor said that it went picture perfect.  I had very minimal blood loss  and Eli's heart rate didn't even dip at all.  Last night was rough...very rough. I was on more meds than I have ever taken in my entire life.  I tend to have low blood pressure and the meds made it very low so then they had to give more meds to raise it.  The Magnesium made me feel like I'd been run over by a truck and I couldn't keep down my ice chips.  So then there were meds for that, and meds for contractions, and antibiotics, and etc.  Needless to say I m pretty drugged.

This afternoon they finally turned off the Magnesium and took out my epidural and I am so thankful.  I ate some broth and drank some juice and I am starting to feel better.  I have been having some contractions which isn't totally abnormal, we just want them to stop.  Please pray that they can be controlled with meds.  Eli's fluid is also pretty low today which is normal.  It will probably take about a week for it to improve.  Please pray that it will get better with each day! 

We cannot thank you all enough for your prayers for us and our little Eli.  Praising the Lord for his goodness and grace so far.

7 comments:

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

I am so glad to hear that the surgery went well. I will continue to pray for you and for your precious Eli.

Heather said...

So glad to hear all went well. I'm sorry the meds made you feel so bad. Continuing to pray for you and baby Eli.

Helen Joy said...

So thankful for a good surgery! I was praying all day. I hope you feel better. I had magnesium twice with this last pregnancy and I felt horrible!

Carrie said...

so thankful to hear the update. I prayed and asked many friends to pray for you! Still praying. you are one brave and strong mama... Praying you would feel God showering Grace upon you.

Christy said...

Julie:
We are praying hard for you, Kevin, Eli and the girls. Let us know if there's absolutely anything we can do for you.

Unknown said...

Hi, I know you don't know me, I am Angel's aunt and I just wanted to let you know that even though we don't know each other in person, we know each other in Spirit! We are both daughters of the King!! I wanted you to know that this sister (and her husband, your brother) are keeping you in prayer! God is great! And big enough to do everything!! We will keep praying! In Christ, Becky

Cameron said...

Praying for you today!