Thursday, April 21, 2011

Post Op. Day2

Today started off early with visits from nurses and doctors checking on both me and Eli.  I slept better last night and woke up ready to try to take a shower.  It is crazy to me how hard daily routine things are right after surgery; like turning over in bed or standing up.  I accomplished a nice shower and managed to look at my incision without fainting, although it was close.  I wasn't able to have  horizontal incision so I have a vertical one from my belly button down.  The stapes about made me throw-up.  I vaguely remember coming to a little at the end of the surgery and hearing the stapler.  I was told it looks pretty, but to me I feel rather beat up! 

Kevin has always been my best nurse.  I always say that a true sign of love is not when you are skinny, looking your best or feeling your best ,but rather when you've just had a baby(or still yet to) and
you feel terrible and your body looks it too.  He always takes great care of me and I love him so much.  I know he is proud of me for all I have been through for our little family and times like these always seem to deepen our love for each other. 

I also got a visit from my two little sweeties.  My doctor arranged for a play therapist to come in and make the hospital a little less overwhelming.  She had a doctor's kit and a doll with an IV just like mommy's.  I really think this helped and they had a great time.  It was so good just to see them today. 

I have been beyond impressed by the exceptional care we have received here.  I cannot tell you how sweet and caring the doctors and nurses have been.  We are so thankful for that. 

I am hoping to feel better tomorrow.  I am sure each day will be a little better as I heal.  Looking forward to getting out of the hospital on Sunday and then resting for a while here in Nashville.  Nashville has found a special place in our hearts already.

4 comments:

The Carters said...

So glad to hear things are going well! Praying things continue to go smoothly.

Jessica said...

so thankful this is over and you are on the road to recovery!!! Each day will be easier! I will continue to pray for you and eli!

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray for you & Eli - you are such a hero to me for what you are doing for your baby. What a testimony to life today on the day we remember a life given for us. May God continue to hold your whole family closely as you travel the path He laid for you "For I know the plans I have for you...plans for good"

Crystal said...

praying for you guys!!