Thursday, April 7, 2011

Locks of Love

Today I cut off two years of growth for a good cause.  Almost exactly two years ago, I was about 23 weeks pregnant with little miss Eliza Anne and I got a good ole cut!  Since that day I have been growing it back out.  That is what I do.  I get a cut and then grow it back out! 

After a long time of growing with only a few trims in between...it was time.  My thick head of hair had gotten very long and very time consuming.  I am talking...lots of work to make it look good. 

I cringed with hesitation as my thick ponytail got cut off, while my girls and Kevin cheered!  (He met me at the salon to pick them up).  After the ponytail was cut...a lot more hair came off.  I was getting a little nervous! 

Ella wasn't so cure and just kept staring.  Eliza was scared to death of the hair in the ponytail!  I can't say that I blame her as it looked a little like a dead squirrel. 

I had to come home and re-wash and dry it myself.  The outcome was good.  It took me only ten minutes to blow-dry, straighten, and style.  That is a BIG improvement...I assure you! 

Kev said he liked it...and was glad that he could finally tell that I'd gotten a cut.  He is so easy and always says to do whatever will get us out the house the fastest.  He also isn't too keen on paying big bucks for little trims.   I could tell that Eliza could tell that something was different.  Poor little Ella kept asking me to put my other hair back on! 

I am sure I will start growing it back out again soon.  But I sure hope that there is a beautiful natural red-head somewhere that I can bless with a thick, naturally red wig! I think that makes it worth it no matter what!  I will post a before and after picture when I get them uploaded off the camera.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How can you post this and not give us a picture?!!

Lisa Sandler said...

I would LOVE to have your hair...so I know you are definitely making a natural red-head happy!!!!!