Monday, April 25, 2011

Day six post op

I am happy to be blogging from our hotel today.  I was discharged from the hospital yesterday on Easter Sunday.  It definitely didn't feel like Easter Sunday to us.  We made a quick stop through the drive through at Panera Bread and I ordered like I hadn't eaten in weeks.  I think my appetite is getting back to normal or maybe even above normal

 Kev brought me back to the hotel and I was greeted by two little sweeties and my sweet mom.  It was really good to see them and be back at the same location.  I then resumed my spot on the couch.  Little activity (like taking a shower) makes me more tired than it used too.  I lay on my side for a while.  Then I turn to the other side.  Then I sit up for a while and repeat.  I think I am doing pretty good to be just one week out from major surgery while being pregnant.

Kev took our girls to the zoo today with our friends here that are locals.  They were excited and I sent the camera and reminded Ella about 5 times to remind her daddy to take lots of pictures.  Daddy is doing good doing daddy and mommy duty.  I am proud of him.  Mimi (my mom) is sitting with me.  We've decided that there is not a lot on TV that we want to watch!!  We may take an afternoon walk through the lobby this afternoon so I can move my legs a little.  Sounds exciting huh?

Yesterday before we left the hospital our doctor did another ultrasound.  Eli had a normal volume of fluid again which was greatly increased from the first day after surgery.  He also had changed positions again so we know he has enough volume to move in.  His ventricles are still within the normal range and so far that was good to hear.  We could also tell that the sac or lesion (opening) on his lower spine was gone.  It is good to see that it was closed now.  I am feeling more and more bonded to this little guy.  We have already been through a lot together and I am so proud of him already.  Our prayer is that he will continue to exceed our expectations as well as those of doctors.  Of course I also pray that the Lord will move mightily in his life at a young age and he will grow to have a power testimony of God's grace in his life.  I don't know what the Lord has planned for him or for us, but I do feel that He has a plan in all this. 

We have a doctor's appointment early Wed. morning and I will have my staples removed.  I have heard that it isn't painful, but it just doesn't seem fun.  Eli and I will get a good check-up and if we are ready we will head to the airport for our flight home that afternoon.  I am really praying this is the case. I can't wait to sleep in my own bed!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Julie, it doesn't hurt. Maybe just a little tug. I had staples with two of my kiddos. So glad to hear things are going well and we are continuing to pray for you and Eli.

WhitneyB said...

GOD IS FAITHFUL!!!