Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday...still hanging at the hospital

Kev is channel surfing on our four channels and I am surfing the Internet.  Today was a LONG day here at the hospital.  I was so glad to have my mom here with me today.  Kev got to spend some time with our girls.  They went to an Easter Egg hunt with our sweet friends who live here in town and I heard they had a great time.  The hunt was at a farm and they got to see all kinds of animals.  I was proud of daddy getting them dressed in their correct egg hunting outfits and he assured me that they wore their matching hair bows.  So glad to know they can carry on without me! :)  I think they were all worn out this afternoon, but I am so glad they had such a nice time.

Mom got us lunch from the cafeteria and we flipped the channels over and over and switched sharing the laptop.  At one point we were going so stir crazy that we started laughing over something silly and quickly realized that laughing and a stapled stomach are a really bad combination.  I don't think I have ever sat so much in my life. I know it is only just the beginning.

Later this evening Kevin and the girls brought me dinner from The Cheesecake Factory.  It was DE-LISH and I assure you the best thing I've had all week.  I am so over hospital food.  I got to see the girls for the bit and Eliza kept patting my tummy...very gently.  I guess she has heard that mommy has an owie on my tummy.  Ella wanted to play doctor again and check me out...that makes me nervous.  I can't wait to be with them again.

I think my worst pain today has been this terrible horrible no good very bad gas pain.  I cannot believe I am writing that on my blog.  When I say gas it is not the embarrassing kind of gas, but just the horrible kind that causes sharp miserable pains.  That combined with both an internal incision and and external one and a little one inside moving and kicking....whew!!  Let's just say that I am praying things get better soon.  My incision pain still hurts a lot esp. as the meds begin to wear off but it is more manageable.  I feel really sore all over.  My back really hurts and I can't seem to get comfortable when sitting and laying.  I know each day will better!

This has been the longest week of my life and yet it the hard times there has been blessings.  I cannot tell you how much I love my doctor here, Dr. Carroll.  She is the best doctor I have ever seen in my life.  I wish I could move her to Charleston or fly here each week for my appointments.  She is so caring and has such a good bedside manner. She has spent so much time talking to us and getting to know us and our family.  She is proactive and explains everything so we can understand. We have all been so impressed.  The nurses and other staff members have also been wonderful.  I am so thankful for the care they have given to me. 

So, we are praying to maybe get discharged tom. if I am feeling more normal and hoping that is the case.  If you get a chance, say a prayer for my dad,  He left being with us on Thursday to drive back home to be at church for Good Friday and Easter services.  My mom talked to him today and he is so sick with a terrible stomach virus.  It is terrible to be the pastor and be sick on Easter Sunday.  He has a great replacement, but I know his heart's desire is to be there tom. and I hate he is sick. 

No comments: