Friday, April 1, 2011

today's thoughts

It's mid-night once again and my house is as quiet as a mouse, and I cannot sleep.  I've always been quite a night owl, but lately my mind won't slow down.  Today I did two of my least favorite things.  I did a huge grocery trip at Wal-mart and I cleaned my entire house.  You can only let those things go so long....and you have to take control.  Those might be the only two things that I won't miss doing while I am on bed rest. 

I feel like I have a lot to get done before we head to Vanderbilt.  Any cleaning out, organizing, de-cluttering has to get done soon or it probably won't for a very long time.  I think that is one of the things I am having the hardest time with right now.  I feel like I have like two weeks to live and then my life will never be the same again.  I know I will go from surgery to bed rest to a newborn with special needs in the NICU.  I feel like the pressure will never let up and the rest of my life will continue at this pace.  I know it is not true, but it is how I am feeling. 

I admit that each day I am all over the place.  One minute I feel full (or maybe not full...maybe more like faultering) with faith.  The next minute I feel overwhelmed and wondering if I will ever get to a better place. 

Today I picked up my records from my doctor so that we could have a copy in hand if we needed it.  It was very interesting to read through them all.  I couldn't help but feel my heart sink each time I read something that said "abnormal."  Abnormal is hard for this overachieving type A personality.  Abnormal is hard period.  I know abnormal will probably be one of the most special blessings of my life....but right now I am grieving abnormal. 

Sorry all my posts have been such a deviation from fun days and cute pics.  I promise they will return again soon...or at least I sure hope so!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Julie, you have nothing to be sorry about! If you let us know how you are feeling, we can better pray for you! No reasonable person expects you to be perky and happy when you are facing so much uncertainty. God knows and He will continue to give you the faith to trust Him!