Sunday, March 27, 2011

the weekend

We had a great weekend spending time together as a family and getting some things done around the house.  One of my favorite things to do is work in our yard and plant flowers.  Each spring we take one Saturday to get the yard looking good after letting it go throughout the fall and winter.  We get up early head to Lowe's.  I pick out the flowers and ferns and Kev gets the fertilizer, mulch, and such.  It is always a lot of work, but I love the immediate result you get from a better looking yard.  Don't get me wrong this is about the only day of the year that I do yardwork!!  I do water and take care of my flowers.  Normally somewhere around July it gets so hot and I get so tired of watering them....that they die! 

Saturday night we had a great meal with some friends.  We had kabobs, this wonderful bread and homemade creme puffs.  They were one of the best things I've eaten in a long time.  It was great to be around such sweet friends and to enjoy such yummy food after working so hard all day!

Today was a great day at church. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful church family praying for us. 

We have our next appointment on Tuesday for another ultrasound.  It should be more telling as to exactly where the site of the lesion is and also if there has been a change in the size of his ventricles and any other changes.  We are praying for miracles and leaving the results up to God. 

I am not sure if I posted this, but late last week we heard from Vanderbilt and our consult and surgery are scheduled in a few short weeks.  This is all dependent on the outcome of Tuesday's ultrasound and the consultation visit.  We also found out on Friday that the price of the surgery is a lot...$68,000 and our insurance company is saying that they will not cover it.  The research trial on the surgery just ended a few months ago and the journal was only published in February.  Patients are just now beginning to have the surgery and needing coverage and we are some of the lucky ones to be first.  We are praying that they will change their minds and approve it.  We will have to agree to the surgery not knowing what the outcome of their decision will be.  We are praying that they will see that this is no longer experimental surgery and will cover the procedure.


Thank you all who are reading my little blog and praying for us.  I was shocked tonight at church when several of the older ladies told me that they were all reading it.  I appreciate everyone who is walking along on this journey with us and I am praying that we will all see the Lord do great and wonderful things in the life of our little, tiny Eli.

2 comments:

carissa said...

one of the highlights of my day is reading your posts. your faith is so inspiring and encouraging to me. thank you! we are praying for eli and your family continually!

julie said...

i agree with carissa! i check your blog (obsessively) everyday! i pray you know how much of an impact you've had on me in my life! not only from years ago, but now when i read your blog. you have really encouraged my faith! i'm amazed at yours! we also have been praying for you, sweet eli and fam!