Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The God of the Unrepairable!!!

Last Saturday I wanted to get out of the house for a while and so I headed over to our local outlet mall.  I had a gift card that has been burning a hole in my wallet since Christmas and since I am at that less than desirable stage in pregnancy where I don't quite need maternity clothes, but I just look.... chunky, I decided some new shirts might do me some good.

 I found a cute teal shirt at the Banana Republic that was on sale and with my additional coupon it was really cheap!  I put it on that afternoon and wore it for a few hours. At some point during those few hours I washed a load of white clothes.  I am a little obsessed with bleach!  I like my whites white!!!  Well, leave it to me to not pour carefully and later I noticed that I had lime green splatters ALL over my brand new teal shirt!  I was so bummed and came upstairs and showed Kev.  I think he laughed because it wasn't the first time this has happened.  I was mostly bummed because I'd gotten about two hours of wear out of it!  I think somewhere in his laughter he promised to buy me another one!!

Today is Wednesday and this morning I was going through our clean laundry looking for something that would work for today.  On top of the pile I found my new teal shirt and I hadn't even realized that I had washed and dried it.  I grabbed it and decided to re-evaluate it to see if it was really as bad as I had remembered.  When I looked at it....I didn't see a single lime green spot!  I brought it upstairs to look at it in a better light and once again there where no bleach spots.  I decided to iron it because surely the heat of the iron would make the spots show up....but it didn't.  Now I have had several bleach accidents before, but I have never had this happen!!

It was in that moment that I felt the gentle Holy Spirit speak into my heart and say, "Julie, I AM the God of the unrepairable.  I CAN repair that which is not meant to be fixed."  The Holy Spirit's gentle words to my heart were like a balm for my spirit.  I felt refreshed.  I felt known by God.  I felt as though He was at work in our lives. 

This evening we got a call from our Genetic Counselor who gave us the great news that Eli's has 46 perfectly normal chromosomes.  She said she was surprised and that it didn't really go along with what they know to be true medically speaking, but she was so pleased for us. 

I am so relieved and so thankful.  So thankful tonight for the many, many, many faithful friends who have been praying for us and so thankful that we might be getting to have a baby in a few short months!!  We still have a long road ahead of us, but I will never forget that my God is the God who can Repair that which is Unrepairable.   And I am really glad to get to wear my new teal shirt again too!

5 comments:

Carmi said...

What an awesome way for God to remind you that He can do anything!

Sandi said...

Rejoicing with you - thanks for sharing that amazing word of testimony!

Jenna said...

What wonderful news! Praising with you!

Stephanie said...

Praise Him! We are still asking God to give you both wisdom and peace as you continue this journey. Tears of joy fill my eyes because I KNOW that God knit Eli Matthew together and He has a plan for him that we can not fathom!

Heather Plis said...

I love this!!! It is so cool that our Lord even cares about the little things in the midst of some big stuff! I'm so thrilled that your amnio results came back normal!