Tuesday, March 22, 2011

18 Months

18 Months ago today we started the day like this!



And a few hours later....


We had you...our sweet little Eliza Anne!


From day one you were the cutest and sweetest little thing!

  
The days with you in our lives have been so great. 

How did you go from this little pumpkin to such a sweet little girl?

You are fun!

You are silly!

You are agreeable to your sissy's schemes.

You are cautious.

You are special.

You are the sweetest little thing this side of heaven.

But watch out world...she's got some mad climbing skills!
(And just for the record, she was disciplined and removed just following the picture.)

I find myself today longing to go back and relive the past 18 months with Eliza as a baby!  I long to go back and have a normal exciting pregnancy and a happy delivery day!  I remember when I was pregnant with eliza wondering how I could really love another little girl as much as I did our ella.  For she had helped to heal and repair such a piece of our hearts, that I really wondered if it would be the same.  I am so thankful that God knows what we need the most.  I couldn't have picked a better compliment to our family and to ella than eliza.  She is so different from her sissy, but is so equally loved and unique.  I will never forget riding home in our van for the first time with two carseats in the back and feeling like the luckiest woman in the world.  Thank you Lord for the blessing of Eliza.  

3 comments:

eastandwest said...

What a little sweetie! Happy half-birthday! (The Jackson girls are all about the half-birthday too!)

carissa said...

The picture of Eliza in the hat at the hospital is beyond precious!!! She is so beautiful!

Crystal said...

such a sweet post, julie. i'm praying for you guys and checking in often... i've been going through a tough time lately and i've been listening to that "Blessings" song A LOT, so thanks for posting it! thanks so much for your honesty!