Monday, March 21, 2011

Waiting

We are still waiting to hear the results of our amnio from last week.  I am not sure when we will hear.  Most likely it will be this week, but it could even be next Monday before we know.  Every single time our home phone rang today my stomach flip-flopped and I braced myself for who might be on the other end.  No such news for today.  In one aspect I will be glad to just know exactly what we are facing, but on the other hand if it is not good news...I'd rather just sit where I am for a bit longer. 

I got up early and went walking today with my exercise buddy (Whitney).  We had been faithfully running 5-6 days a weeks for about four months.  I was starting to feel like I was really getting back in good shape and was really enjoying running.  We would run at 6:15am before our kids or husbands left for work. It was a sacrifice to get up early and get out the door, but I was always so thankful I did it when it was over.   I even continued to run through most of my first trimester, which I have never done before.  When life gets crazy things like exercise and trying not to "gain" more pregnancy pounds than needed don't really seem to be that important to me.  I decided that I might not have too many weeks left that I can even get out of the bed or a sitting position, so I better make the most of the days I can.  It felt good to get up and get my day going early again today.

Today is my little sister's 25th birthday!!  I always liked being older than her until now!!  I am already into my 30's and she gets to only be mid 20's!!  That sounds so much better!  Jess, we love you and hope you have had a great day.  Your package is on it's way!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

thanks sis! listen.. the package coming a couple days late just helps me celebrate longer. do it every year.. i like it! :)