Tuesday, March 15, 2011

One day at a time!

What a day!  Seems like everyday lately has been like that!  First of all, we got some awesome potential news on Eli.  When they did the amnio they also did the FISH test.  It screens for Tri. 13, 18, 21 and maybe a few other of the most common chromosome problems.  You can get the results back a lot sooner than the actual amnio.  The genetic counselor called and when I answered  I could her in her voice that it must be good news.  She said that the FISH test came back normal showing no additional 13th, 18th, or 21st chromosomes.  She was very happy with that and of course we were too.  This is not a guarantee as we have to wait on the amnio as it will test for many other problems, many which are much more rare.  But we were so THANKFUL to get a little good news.

I began frantically texting and calling Kevin.  I even texted him that I had some results and to please call.  He didn't and I figured he was with a customer and would call me right back.  I kept calling and finally he called back.  He told me to sit down.  I knew something was up!  He then told me that he was in a meeting and just found out that his office, the one in which he's been employed with for almost ten years, is closing as of June 25, 2011.  He office has had talk of closing for years but it is no longer talk...it is for real!  It definitely was a huge blow!  He has until 5:00 pm of next Tues. the 22nd to turn in a paper agreeing to transfer to one of six locations in the the Southeast.  Insurance is going to be vital to us in the coming months...esp. if Eli only has spina bifida with potential prenatal surgery, delivery, nicu stay, possible shunt surgery, and all that would go along with that.  It is not a good time to not have insurance and not have a job.  It is also not a great time to move to a completely new location with no family, church or friends to lean on.  There is so much on our minds this evening that to be honest we just feel numb. 

In the one hand we are ecstatic that we might actually be having a baby!!! On the other hand we feel overwhelmed with Kevin's job site closing and and the big decisions to make in a week.  It is really more than we can discern right now and are asking God for wisdom as He says to ask and He will give it. 

Thank you so much for your prayers for Eli.  I really think that the Lord is answering our prayers for him! You never think you would be so glad to say that my baby might only have spina bifida....but tonight we are so thankful for that.  I am praying for good results next week. 

I promise you that our lives are not normally this eventful, dramatic and crazy!  I long for the days when I will once again sit at the computer and have nothing at all to blog about.  Until then we will continue to seek God's will one day at a time.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Awesome news for Eli! God answers prayers! I'll be praying for wisdom about what you and Kevin should do about the job. Chin up

Heather Plis said...

So glad to hear the news about Eli. By the way, our two boy names were Gavin and Eli...we love that name! :)
Anyhow, we continue to lift you all up in prayer and will pray especially for discernment concerning Kevin and the job situation. Lots of Love in Christ! Heather :)

Lauren said...

I went to Harding with your sister, Jess. I just wanted you to know that am praying for you and your family!!

Hailey Burns said...

So excited about the early news on Eli. Sad to hear about the upcoming decisions with Kev's job. Still praying.