Monday, March 14, 2011

My Little Spots of Sunshine!!

I just have to say that I am honored and blessed by so many friends and strangers who care enough for us to intercede on our behalf.  All I can do is sit and cry as I have seen friend after friend ask their friends on facebook and in real life to pray for us.   Thank you so much.  I woke up this morning reminded of the power of prayer.  First of all I slept soundly through the night.  Even at only 17 weeks, I always make at least two bathroom trips each night.  It is just par for the course when you are pregnant.  I couldn't believe it when I woke up to the sound of our alarm this morning.  I got up and got ready feeling pretty relaxed and at peace.  That my friends...was such a blessing.

We got to the office right at 8 am for my scheduled amniocentesis.  This is something I said I would never do because there is a "risk" involved.  We often learn to eat our words...as I didn't have too much for an option at this point.  The way they do it is to get insurance approval first...you pay ahead your portion and then you are seen.  It took an hour and fifteen minutes to get done with insurance.  But thankfully we do have pretty decent insurance, which is a blessing.  Then we had to wait another 30 min. to be called back.  By that point I was getting very anxious.  So about two hours later we finally were back for the procedure.  The doctor was great, Eli did well and although it was a little painful and I feel pretty crampy now...it is over.  It was one step in this journey and one we (I) had to get through.  I feel very relieved that it is over.

I thought this blog could use a little sunshine today, as it is a beautiful spring day in our neck of the woods. 
So thankful for these two sillies!
Ella workin out!
Eliza "Shopping"
A pretty day at the park!
Eliza's first pigtails...you may need a magnifyer to see them!
Somtimes shopping gets dangerous!
Sweet and silly ella!
Eliza's silly smile
Night time snuggles and silly Eliza!
Nothing sweeter!!
Thank you for your prayers!

4 comments:

Cameron said...

Shopping with the Moore/Giordano girls could be considered a sport - good thing Ella's prepared...

The Carters said...

I have been praying daily for ya'll. You have prayer warriors in several states!

And from the pictures - I do believe Ella keep you on your toes :)

Kristi B. said...

Julie, I just learned about your blog from the e-mail prayer chain of Burke Community Church in Northern Virginia (my old church, although I now live in South Carolina). Your story touched my heart, as I have also experienced loss, although earlier in my pregnancy. I will be following your blog and praying for you as you carry Eli and see what God has in mind for him. Blessings on you and your family.

Kristi Bothur
Columbia, SC

Jessica said...

amazed at the power of prayer and so very thankful for your rays of sunshine at home. love you sissy!