Thursday, November 6, 2008

What can a 13 Month Old Understand??

One of the things I am loving most about being e's mom is seeing her learning new things everyday! I find myself so proud of the little accomplishments in learning that I see...maybe this is the teacher in me...or maybe all parents feel this way.

On Tuesday I picked up e's only girl cousin from school. The boys were in the car as well and I was trying to help my sister out as little bit had his 2 week check-up! NO one should have to go to the doc. with 4 children in tow. Okay, back to my story. E has a doll that we keep in the car for entertainment purposes. It has a cute little hat attached by a string. So when we got in our car yesterday... many hours later...I noticed that the hat was now unattached. I said, "e did you get this hat off?" Then in her cute little way she said AAAAADEEEE. She can say her cuz's name but I was just very curious if she really understood.

So last night I asked A who took the hat off (not that I care at all if the hat comes off) and she said she had on the way home from school. I was surprised that e was able to understand and answer me. Maybe she knows more that she lets on at times!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh if we only knew everything that was going on in their little heads. We would know if daddy really ate the rest of her food, we would know everything she has put in her mouth since she started crawling and we would know if she hurt herself or if someone else did. Maybe we should be thankful we don't know everything they know.

Jessica said...

wow.. jule she is so smart! I can't wait to see all the nieces and nephews in 6 1/2 weeks!!!! I miss them so much! I can't let myself think about all I'm missing or.. yea I turn into a pregnant wreck, but I plan on soaking up as much time aas possible over Christmas! Love ya'll!