Friday, November 21, 2008

Being Thankful


Since Thanksgiving is almost here I want to spend the next few days focusing on being thankful I found some great material that I am planning on using at http://www.reviveourhearts.com/ that I am going to be using in my personal devotion time. I really liked it because it focuses on being thankful for different areas of my life and is broken into seven days.

Day 1 the reading is from Colossians 1:3&12
2:7
3:15,17
I really like Col. 2:7 "Let your roots grow down into him and draw up nourishment from him, so you will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with THANKSGIVING for all he has done." (NLT)

Col. 3:15 "And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members f one body you are all called to live in peace. And always be THANKFUL." (NLT)

And Col. 3:17 is def. convicting to me...."And whatever you do or say let it be as a representation of the Lord Jesus, all the while giving THANKS through him to God the Father."

Truth is we all have so much to be thankful. Hope you will join me these next 7 days in focusing on what the Lord has done for us!

No comments: