Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Discipline


E is now 13 months and everyday I am seeing the need for more and more discipline. I really don't like to discipline. As a teacher this was always the hardest part for me. I think as the years went by I got better at consistency and having high expectations for the behavior of my students...and as the year would progress I would def. see the benefit of this. On days that I was tired or just felt like being a nice teacher...I also would see the need for consistency and rules. Now that e is growing she is challenging me more and more. Oh for the days when she would just sit and let me snuggle her. If you've seen us at church lately you've probably seen me chasing after her or seen me wrestling to hold her. I am praying for the Lord to give me wisdom as I enforce rules and expectations even at this young age....and pulling back out my parenting books!

2 comments:

The Q family said...

This is my prayer as well! My girls have learned the art of tag team disobedience!!!! It is a WHOLE new ball game and I am at a loss as to what to do! You are a great mommy, I'll pray for you if you'll pray for me!

Anonymous said...

I promise that as hard as it is to be tough when they are little, the rewards are SOOO worth it when they are older! Trust your own judgement first because you usually know what you need to do. (even if you really dont want to)