Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Week Of Thanksgiving Days 2&3


This weekend was a bit busy...from shopping, decorating our house (for yes Christmas) and other activities I am finally sitting day to post days 2&3 of the Thanksgiving study I found for this week. (See the last post to locate it.)


Day 2

Make a list of all the material and spiritual blessings you can think of that you have received from the Lord. Thank God for them!


Spiritual Blessings (rec. to read the first Ch. of Ephesians if you need help)

1.I have confidence of my salvation from Jesus Christ.

2. I have been forgiven for my sins.

3. I will have a home in heaven when I die.

4. God has given me peace and help through the rough spots in life.

5. God continues to show me my need for more of Him in my life.

6. God has been both good and kind to me even when I didn't deserve.

7. God has a plan and purpose for my life.

8. God has blessed me with a church that loves me and loves the Lord.


Material Blessings

1. I have a family who loves me.

2. I have friends who care about me.

3. I have a church that i love.

4. I have a home that the Lord blessed us with at just the right time in our lives.

5. I have clothes...too many...and way too many shoes.

6. We have 3 cars...wanting to sell one...we are so blessed!

7. I have pretty much everything I want...doesn't that sound terribly spoiled...it's the truth!

8. I have lots of pretty things in my home...I am feeling more and more selfish!

9.I have food...we have a well stocked pantry...and if I needed more I know tons of places I could get it!

These are just a few! I am so blessed! I know most of the world's population would give anything to live my life...even for a day! Thank you Lord for these many blessings that I do not deserve!


Day 3

Today's assignment is to focus on gratitude for your family members...and write qualities that you are grateful for about each person.


My husband Kev- hardworking, so giving, so loving, loves to make me happy, loves helping others, passionate about the Lord and serving Him!


Daughter E- so funny, so loving, loves to snuggle with me, loves be right with me, I love that she has my hair, she makes my life so so much fun!


Dad- committed and giving...my dad has faithfully preached God's word every Sun. for the almost 29 years of my life (except for the 2 sun. he takes for vacation) He is faithful to study and seek the Lord...and he has never once in my life acted prideful about his knowledge or service to the Lord. He is very humble.


Mom-Giving and giving and giving...she will do anything she canyo help us girls. She always makes time to spend with her grandchildren and children..even if it is just a chat on the phone. She loves the Lord and has been a Godly example of a wife and mother to me.


Sister Joy-Compassionate...when you have a sick child joy is so understanding...(probably because one of her children have already had that sickness) She is also fun to just hang out with. We do that a lot! I ask her for lots of advice about babies and pregnancies and such.


Sister Jess- Sentimental and strong...she may not feel strong some days but I feel she is as she has gone about lots of changes this past year and continues to trust the Lord and seek His will for her life. I admire her!


This is just my immediate family. I could go on about my great brother-in-laws and others but you get the point. The Lord has truly blessed me with a wonderful family and I am so thankful for each of them.

Ephesians 1:16-19 " I have never stopped thanking God for you. I pray for you constantly asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you might grow in the knowledge of God. I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the wonderful future he has promised to those he called. I want you to realize what a rich and glorious inheritance he has given to his people." (NLT)

No comments: