Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday

"I was glad when they said unto me, let us go to the house of the Lord." 

I got to have a little outing this morning to church.  Don't worry, I rode in style in my new wheelchair and sat the entire time.  It was good for me to get out of the house for a bit and good to be back at church.  Kev and ella did a good job pushing me gently!!

Kev taught Sunday school today.  It has been several weeks since he has taught with all that has been going on.  He taught on Psalms 139.  It was such a good reminder for me that God has and is knitting our little Eli together in my womb.  He is control.  He is all knowing, all powerful, has all authority and all control.  The Lord continues to give me peace and hope for Eli and his future.

When we first received Eli's diagnosis, I found it hard to be excited about having another child.  It seemed like our family was going to change so much.  I felt so frustrated and even struggled with the idea of having a boy.  I know that sounds crazy, but after having two little girls we just felt like such a girlie family.  I didn't know what God was doing and it was hard. 

Over the past few weeks I have felt so much more bonded to our little guy.  I am so proud of how good he did during his surgery.  I feel like he and I have been through so much together already and I am finding myself really getting excited.  I am even getting excited about having another little boy....one to keep. I have been spending lots of time looking for cute little boy things on the internet.  In my heart, I feel more of a peace about what we are facing.  That is a blessing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that the Lord is bonding you to your precious son. Thank you for sharing your journey so transparently - it is such an encouragement! Praying that you can rest & enjoy - just think of it as building up your sleep bank!

Jessica said...

you have been through so so much with your little guy. I can't wait to meet him and watch you in action!! I see some cute seersuckers in your entire family's future!!! :)

Mary Hayes said...

So glad you got to go to church & it uplifted you, esp with Psalms 139. It's my newest favorite chapter for several years now. So happy to hear you're at peace with Eli & both of you are recovering well.