Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday's Appt.

The blog has been pretty quiet again.  I have a great reason.  I had two sick sweeties all week long.  They had some yucky viral thing that caused fever, rashes, vomiting...the works.  It made for a long week.  My sister Jess surprised us with a visit home, and I do not know what I would have done without her help each day.  She has been such a help with the girls, cleaning, cooking, etc.  And what do we in appreciation for all she did...we shared our germs with her sweet little guy.  We all pretty much knew it was inevitable. The good news is that they all had it right about the same time and so they are ALL finally better.  I always think once we get over a sick bug that I am sure glad that I didn't know it was coming or how long it would last.  I have found that to be true in life as well!

I had my weekly appointment today.  I am almost 28 weeks!!  I am so thankful to be closing out the 20's and heading into the final trimester of pregnancy...which most likely will be a short one!!  The not so good news first is that Eli's ventricles continue to increase a little each week.  They really need to stop!!  They are not bad yet but we are at the point that we don't want to them to get larger.  I really really wish that we could avoid a brain shunt.  This would be major!!  Now for the good news.  We finally saw some leg movement today.  The ultrasound guy worked really hard to get them to move and finally we saw him ever so slightly move both of his legs a bit.  He even bent one knee a little.  I know this sounds like so little, but after not seeing any for 5 weeks we were very worried.  Please continue to pray that the Lord would heal the little nerves that are not working normally in his legs.  Please pray that he can have as much leg function as possible as he grows.  It made our day and I was a very proud momma! 

I would like to ask you to pray for a girl who had the same surgery as we did, but a week later.  Her amniotic fluid was very low this week and she is on hospital bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy.  I learned of her story through her blog and I am praying for her and her little Andrew.  I cannot imagine how hard this would be and I know that I could easily find myself there if a complication arose. 

Woo hoo for a long weekend and daddy being off of work for a few days!!  Yeah!!!!!

1 comment:

The Via Colony said...

So glad you are almost out of the "20's". I cannot imagine all the emotions you must feel, on a daily basis. Thank you for sharing your story with us!