Tuesday, May 31, 2011

8 Years

Eight years ago today I made a really good choice.  In fact, the best choice I've ever made outside of my personal decision to be a follower of Christ.  I often look at this picture that sits in our family room and think of ourselves on that day.  We were young.  We were in love.  We had big plans for our future. But, honestly we had no clue how hard the next eight years were going to be. I know if you would have asked us, we'd honestly admitted to knowing the whole "for better or for worse" meant there would be some "for worse," but I am pretty sure we thought we had a good 40 or so years of happily ever after before we got there. 

I can honestly say that there really is something to doing it God's way.  No, it doesn't mean that life is going to work out the way you wish.  But it does mean grace upon grace and that adds up to a lot.

I can also honestly say that we have grown the most in our marriage in the really hard times.  We've faced issues that the world would say would tear a young marriage apart and come through them stronger and more in love with each other.  I know this is not on account of us, but rather God working in our lives. 

The past eight years have brought so many blessings too.  I can hardly remember what my life was like before we were married.  I am so thankful that I can honestly say that I love you so much more today than I did eight years ago. It truly does get sweeter with time!  Happy Anniversary!

1 comment:

Hailey Burns said...

"grace upon grace adds up to a lot." LOVE that. Congratulations!