Monday, May 16, 2011

What I am looking forward to... and not forward to....

What I am looking forward to:
1. Getting to go out to eat in two weeks when I hit 28 weeks with doc. approval.  It just happens to be our 8th wedding anniversary so that makes it even better.

2. Kev being done with this semester in 3 more days.  I don't know I've ever been so ready for him to not have school on the agenda.  He is taking one class this summer, but it is an easy one.

3. Going out without a wheelchair.  This experience has given me a new appreciation for those who daily face this.

4.  Finally seeing Eli for the first time.  I feel like we both have been through a lot together in the past few weeks and I am excited to see his sweet little face.  I know it will make it all worth it.

5.  My body going back to normal.  I am so ready to not be pregnant.  I know that sounds terrible to some, but I am really ready to get through this physically.  I am ready to lose the pregnancy pounds and get back in my clothes and feel good.  This will be my 4th time to shed the pounds in the past 5 years and I am ready to not do it EVER again. While I am so thankful for my children, there is a part of me that is really ready to to be done with pregnancy. 

6. Watching the girls love their brother.  Ella said the other day that she didn't want a brother because she doesn't want us to have boy toys.  Eliza is very jealous if I hold anyone other than her or Ella.  It will be a learning process for us all.  I know they will be great big sisters.

7.  Eli turning one.  How crazy is that! I think that by then life may seem normal to us an we will have begun to adjust to our new normal.  I in no way want to rush through his baby days.  I want to enjoy each and every one...but I have to admit that I am scared of what his first year will hold.

What I am not looking forward to:
1.  Having a C-section in a few short weeks.   My incision is just now healing nicely and I dread doing that again so soon.  I also had a plastic surgeon (just part of the process) for the prenatal surgery and I have heard that I have a nice incision.  I am doubting it will look as nice next time.  I have heard the recovery should be much easier and that will be good. 

2. As much as I am ready to really be done with pregnancy, it makes my heart so sad that this is for sure our last child.  We have both decided that this is best for our family without a doubt.  It still makes me sad that this chapter in my life will be ending.  I still feel young and it has gone way to fast.  I have decided that I probably would feel this way no matter if I had 3 or 10 kids.  Someone always has to be the baby.

3. Eli's first few days/weeks.  I always have my babies room in with me as much as possible from the time they arrive.  This time will be totally different for us.  I don't really know what to expect as far as NICU time and I am already dreading most likely leaving the hospital without my baby.  That is something I never wanted to do again although thankfully the circumstances should be very different. 

4. The challenges of nursing again.  Need I say more!  I am thankful that it has worked in the past, but I know how hard it can be in the beginning.  I know a NICU stay may make it a little different this time too.

5. The frumpy stage.  Those first few weeks after having a baby are just NO fun for me.  Nothing fits right in any spots.  I am starving constantly.  The feelings of anxiousness over this new little life.  Trying to keep the newbie well without being overly paranoid.  Trying to get everyone back into a normal new schedule.  Whew!!

After all that....I may enjoy these next few weeks of bed rest a little more!

1 comment:

Mike and Kelly said...

Hi Julie!

You just commented on my blog. I'm so glad you did so I could read yours.
That is so awesome they let you go home after surgery! In Philly they make you stay in a 15 mile radius from the hospital so we are at a hotel until baby comes.

It was so refreshing reading everything your thinking. I think all those things too. I try to be positive but there are so many what if's so I feel scared. This is my first baby so a lot of the time I'm trying to figure if I'm having normal pregnancy pains or are they surgery. I really related to you saying you wished you were just a normal pregnant lady because that is all I wish for! Although I'm sure we will forget all of this once our little guys get here.

Anyway cheers to us and our recovery! I will keep up with your blog!