Thursday, May 19, 2011

A few surgery Pics

 We were lucky enough that our sweet fetal surgery coordinator who is a part of the fetal surgery team was able to take some pictures of my surgery. Don't worry...I left out all of the close-ups!!  We have pictures of my uterus completely out of my body with Eli inside.  I had no clue how big my uterus already was at 22 weeks at the time of my surgery!  No wonder my clothes were not fitting. We also got some pictures of his spina bifida lesion prior to repair on his very very tiny little back.  I am so thankful for each of the individuals in this picture.  They are everyone from my surgeons, Eli's neurosurgeon, and anaesthesiologist, and a ultrasonographer.  I am so thankful for the team that the Lord used and equipped for us that day!  I am thankful for their value of this little life inside me.  But, I do believe with all my heart that if our eyes could really see...
 We would see that...
 We were not alone!
(I recently saw this picture and immediately loved it!)
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Hebrews 12:1
As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things. Ecc. 11:5

3 comments:

Mike and Kelly said...

That is incredible!!!!!!! I wish they would have done that here!! So amazing! Hope you are having a good day!

eastandwest said...

That is beautiful, Julie. I have always been pro-life but I don't think anything has ever solidified my views like seeing that little glimpse of sweet Eli months before I get to meet him.

Mary Hayes said...

Beautiful.....with tears! we cannot see the spiritual world; but God is right beside our side every minute, 24/7, whether we feel HIM or not.

Love, Mary :)