Sunday, May 15, 2011

Updates

I  was told today that my blog had been a little too quiet this week.  The truth is that my life has been pretty quiet too.  I am beginning my 4th week of laying low.  I cannot tell you how thankful I am to be here rather than where I was 4 weeks ago today.  I will say again that I am so thankful to have that surgery behind me..."us." I am healing nicely and really just starting to feel like a big ole pregnant lady!  I have done some big growing in the past few weeks and I am blaming it all on the fact that I can't do any exercising and so many sweet people are bringing us yummy meals.  Not a good combination for pregnancy weight gain, but I will deal with that again in a few short weeks. 

Our appointment on Friday went pretty good.  Our wait time was only 30 minutes rather than the hour and 20 from the previous week.  My fluid levels were great and Eli's ventricles were stable since the last week. The left side is completely normal and the other is right at the max of normal.  I am praying and praying that they will continue to stabilize.  Oh how I pray we can avoid a brain shunt!!!  It is one of the hopes from doing the surgery.  98% of babies with SB need one but for the ones who have surgery in utero the percentage is closer to 63% or so.  (I don't have the info. right here but it is less.)   If he can make it to the age of one without one, he would be less likely to need one later in life...although he still may.  There are many issues that go along with having a shunt like revisions, infections, and etc. and it is one more thing to make life more complicated.  If he needs one, we will deal with that too.  I am going to pray fervently that we will not. 

My biggest concern right now is his leg movement.  We've had lots of ultrasounds and really haven't seen any in weeks.  I do feel a good amount of movement each day, but we worry about his leg movement.  I am praying that God will continue to heal those nerves and allow him to have as much leg function as possible.  More than anything, I pray that he will have a heart for the Lord.  In the grand scheme of life that is all that matters. 

Can I just say how much I love my husband and all of those who are carrying us through these weeks.  I am so thankful that hard times always seem to unify Kevin and I in a way that we will never forget and always cherish. Don't get me wrong...we deal with hard times very differently, yet God always seems to use them to strengthen our marriage and commitment to each other.  It is such a comfort each week as we sit and look at the ultrasound screen anxiously awaiting "what's new" to know that no matter what we are facing it together.  It is such a comfort to me to know that Eli will have such a great daddy who will help him to be the boy and man that God created him to be. 

Check back this week for lots of picture updates!! 

No comments: