Thursday, April 15, 2010

One Year Ago

One year ago I posted this! I was over the moon excited and thankful to be given another healthy baby girl! We decided to wait until we got through our 16 week ultrasound when our doc. checks our babies kidneys and etc. They don't expect us to have another child with Samuel's condition, because it wasn't a genetic issue, but they do several extra ultrasounds as a comfort to us. We had waited much longer to share our good news and I was so excited to finally let the whole world know!


One year later, I am so thankful for her. She is our little sunshine. I have to say that there has been so much healing in our hearts and lives in the past four years since losing Samuel. There are still days and times when out of the blue thoughts or emotions come, but God definitely has used my girls to fill our lives and our home with so much joy!


If you are reading this and are discouraged in your journey to being a parent, perhaps it hasn't worked out as you might have planned or hoped. I assure you God does have a plan. Sometimes it unfolds much differently than we want, but in hindsight it turns into a beautiful story! A story that molds you more into who God wants you to be. A story that only could had written by God. A story that shows God's grace!


Thank you Lord for writing our story! Thank you for giving and for taking. It is easy to thank you for the giving...much harder for the taking, yet I know one day when I reach my eternal home it will be so clear. Your ways are higher and better than my mind understands. I thank you that I am even at the point where I can feel this way. I am thankful for your peace! You alone are God and you do all things well!

1 comment:

Libby said...

Thanks for writing this Julie! Today was a day I needed to hear that! I hope you and your sweet girls are doing well!