Friday, April 16, 2010

Busy Friday!

Today has been a nonstop, busy day! There was: house cleaning and laundry, feeding a baby, feeding a big girl, diaper changes, more cleaning, a tea party, more diaper changes, more cleaning, and then re cleaning what was just cleaned, more diaper changes, lunch, feeding a baby, menu making, more diaper changes, disciplining, loading in the car, more disciplining, grocery shopping, loading and unloading groceries, carrying an overtired toddler to her bed while kicking and screaming, and it's all in a day's work!

Being a mom is no easy job! Some days the routine of just trying to have some sort of a routine is enough to drive me batty! We are at a hard stage with a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 month old. Someone really should be napping through a lot of our day! Eliza needs a morning nap and ella doesn't. By the time eliza wakes up and we eat lunch ella needs her afternoon nap and then shortly after that eliza needs to nap again! When eliza is asleep I like to spend some one on one time with ella, and when she is asleep I savor my minutes alone with eliza! There is not ever a good time to get out of the house! I am not one who can stay at home continually and ella begs to go to Target, so we try to get out to at least somewhere everyday! I haven't figured out a solution except to let eliza nap in her crib for her morning nap and then nap on the go for her afternoon nap! Some days we just do the best we can!

We are working in our yard tomorrow. This is one of my favorite things to do and Kev and I have always enjoyed doing it together! I am not sure why but I think it is the instant gratification of seeing it look so much better! I can't wait to see some blooming plants in my planters! We'll see how it goes...with two little helpers!

No comments: