Thursday, April 8, 2010

Funnies

Ella is at such a funny stage! She says things that literally have us rolling all of the time. I am sure most parents find their children funny!

The other day when I went into her room to get her up from her nap, as soon as I walked into the room she started saying, " Oh no mommy! Oh dear! Oh dear!" It was very dramatic as she often is and she had her hands on her head as if she was truly distraught! I said, "What in the world is wrong??" She said, "Oh no mommy, it's snowing!" I was a bit confused...until I looked at the floor!


She then said, "It be okay mommy...accident happens!"

The other night we were having our bedtime prayers and devotion. Ella wanted to pray for Kevin's grandma who she had seen earlier that day. She had hurt her knee and was using a cane. I usually guide ella through her prayers and she likes to repeat what I say. I said, "Dear Jesus." She paused and I waited for her to repeat it as she normally does. She looked up and said, "Mommy, I want to talk to God tonight!" Kev and I about died. Needless to say we saved the discussion on the Trinity for another night!
This morning Eliza was awake and playing in her crib and I was trying to grab a second or two of extra sleep. Ella was dying for me to get sissy out so she could snuggle with us. I then heard ella at eliza's crib saying, "Good morning my wittle weetheart!"

2 comments:

Jessica said...

im sure all kids are funny to an extent, but I'd have to say she has more spunk and funnies than I see on a normal basis! Can't wait to see that gal.. she's a hoot.

eastandwest said...

I agree with Jessica. I think Ella may have a double portion. She was so funny when the little plate broke at our house, ringing her hands saying, "oh dear, oh dear."