Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter 2010


Toot's Egg Hunt Extravaganza


Church Egg Hunt #2

Eliza Chillin

Best of many attempts at a family shot!

So thankful for these two girls!

Daddy proudly in his pink!!

We had a great and busy Easter weekend. I think I have been trying to process it all for a few days now. Holidays and being a mother take on a whole new meaning and busyness. There are cute outfits to buy/wear, parties to attend, yummy goodies to make, eggs to dye, eggs to hunt, instruction on what Easter is really all about, church services to attend, baskets to fill, and pictures to be made so you can remember the whole thing! Whew!!!

I felt a tug a war the entire weekend trying to keep my focus on Christ all the while wanting to enjoy, partake and create new memories as a family. I am thankful that as a child or might I add a "preacher's kid" we were still able to participate in Easter Egg hunts and received Easter goodies. That is such a fun part of being a child. I've always loved the tradition of new Easter dresses, shoes, and yes big bouncy hair bows. I did even wear a hat and corsage on Easter as a child! Those are such funny traditions to me..probably a southern thing! It meant putting on your best on Easter Sunday. It meant spring was here and you could wear your white shoes!! It meant birds were chirping, bees were buzzing and the pollen was flying! It meant Christ had risen from the dead...surely a day to celebrate!

The whole weekend through this tug-a-war I kept feeling the Holy Spirit reminding me..."It's not about you!" Thus, my struggle! It is so easy to get caught up amidst the "fun and tradition!" I so wanted to keep my focus.

All in all it was such a great weekend. It was great because of Christ...for He is the reason we celebrate!

No comments: