Monday, April 26, 2010

neediness

We have had a rough morning around the old house today! I am not sure but, I think ella and I both woke up on the wrong side of the bed. To be honest our day started out with disobedience and then took a nose dive. I hate mornings like that. I say up and she says down. I say yes and she says no. I think it is time to reread the strong willed child for the third time...and keep praying that this is still the terrible two's. The worst part of it all is that I lost my Patience and cool. It was not pretty. Instead of reacting in patience and love I reacted in anger and frustration. We missed my morning bible study because we were running so late. I decided both girls needed good naps and mommy needed to re-group!

I struggle with guilt sometimes over complaining about motherhood. I remember the frustration I felt when I used to hear others complaining about their kids, when I was so desperate to have one. I used to think...why can't they just be thankful. The truth is that being a mother is hard no matter how much you have longed, prayed and yearned to be one. Some days I feel that I lack what it takes to do the job well and if there is one thing in my life I want to do well it is being a mother.

In my frustration and tears this morning, I read this in my quiet time book.
"Come to me with empty hands and an open heart ready to receive abundant blessings. I know the depth and breadth of your neediness. Your life path has been difficult, draining you of strength. Come to Me for nurture. Let me fill you up with My presence. I in you and you in Me.

My power flows most freely into weak ones aware of their need for me. Faltering steps of dependence are not lack of faith; they are links to My Presence. " (Taken from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young pg. 122)

I now feel refreshed, known, and cared for. I feel like we might make it past lunch!

1 comment:

Helen Joy said...

What an encouraging quote! I needed that. Barclay is a "strong willed child" too. I've just started spanking him with a spoon and it does not even seem to phase him. He looks at me with a smirk on his face and does whatever he wants. I feel like this is the hardest thing ever. Harder than labor, harder than breastfeeding, harder than sleepless nights, harder than messes. Thanks for being real. It encourages me.