Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Baby #3 is on the Way!


You read that right! We are PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!! Not just a little pregnant but 16 weeks 1 day and yes that one day counts to me. We have been waiting for the time to come when we felt ready to share our big news. As most of you know we have faced our share of disappointments in this area and we wanted to wait until we could share with confidence and have our friends and family be excited for us and not scared for us!

Many of you know we experienced a miscarriage at 10 weeks and had a D&C on Dec. 19. To our great surprise and God's infinite plan we conceived again just two weeks later. I don't think this is normally the best thing to get pregnant again so soon after a loss...and the Lord know we have been on the waiting and waiting side of trying to conceive as well...but this time God say GO! This pregnancy got off to a very rocky start with a sub chronic hemorrhage at 5 weeks in which we were sure we were losing this baby as well. God had other plans and at each ultrasound and blood draw things continued to progress. So here we are at 16 weeks with what appears to be a healthy(with two kidneys, bladder and tons of fluid), active little GIRL!


We are over the moon and I am so so excited about another girl! I know ella will be a great big sis and I am so excited about her having a little sister to grow up with! Have I already said that I just cannot stop smiling! The Lord GIVES and the Lord takes AWAY and blessed be the name of the Lord!

11 comments:

eastandwest said...

I thought you had that maternal glow. :) Congratulations! Ella is going to be such a great big sister!

Unknown said...

congratulations Julie, Kevin and Ella!!!

The Q family said...

Oh, I am so happy for you guys! To think I've been praying all this time for you to conceive and I bet God giggled every time! I will now pray for your little girl! How exciting!!!!!!

The Carters said...

That's wonderful news!! i'm so excited for you guys!

Tasha said...

I am so excited for you all. I know how much Ella LOVES babies so I know she will be very excited to have a baby sister. We really keep our church nursery growing!!

Becky said...

Julie I am so excited for you guys. Having two girls myself, I can tell you it's a blast! They get along so well and I just love dressing them in the same outfits. Oh I am so excited. What an amazing God we serve!

Libby said...

Hey Julie! This is Libby, I'm a friend of Mandy Combs. I found your blog through reading her blog. I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! Your story has been such an inspiration to me, and your family has been in my thoughts an prayers often! I am so excited for you!

Sandi said...

So happy for you and your family - what a wonderful blessing from the Lord! I had a feeling when I saw you on Good Friday that you were pregnant but didn't want to ask.

Cindy said...

Hi Julie. It's Cindy (from FDES)and I am so happy for your family. Rita told me about your blog in December and I've been following ever since. I've been waiting to read that you were expecting so I was glad to see today's blog. Take care of yourself. God is good!

Helen Joy said...

My name is Helen Joy and I'm a friend of Jessicas. I started reading your blog a month ago and wanted to say congratulations on the baby! I was so excited for you all day yesterday and I don't even know you:-) Whenever it crosses my mind, I will pray for the health of your sweet little girl.
Love Helen Joy

Kim said...

AW!!! Congratulations hun, to you and family! Thats awesome news to here!!!!