Monday, April 27, 2009

Have you ever?


Have you ever been grocery shopping and left a shopping cart full of groceries because you just couldn't mentally or physically finish? I was so there today. I needed to go to Wal-mart to get way too much. I hate going to Wal-mart. It is huge and spread out and takes forever! I try to only go every two weeks and longer if we can make it. Needless to say we were out of everything. My little shopper has been so worn out today from our picnic yesterday. I didn't plan our day well and headed to Wal-mart about 45 min from her usual nap time. Bad decision. I seriously couldn't remember to get what I needed even with my list in my hand. I definitely think that pregnancy affects the brain. I went from the front of the store to the back three times. Ella decided about half-way that she was done. I tried all of my usual tricks and they weren't any fun today. She wanted me to carry her and cried and cried for mommy's hair. When she gets tired she likes to run her fingers through my hair. I used to think this was so cute when she first started doing it. Now it sometimes drives me a little crazy! In fact, in the car she cries for my hair (not me) and of thankfully it is too short to reach to the back seat! So with a few more isles I gave in and got her out. I was trying to push the cart that was full and carry her and check my list while she was playing with my hair and I think I was almost in tears. I kept telling myself that I was almost done....and I would have in fact left but that would have meant I'd had to go back later! So I persevered...and when I got to the check out my arms were shaking and I was sweating and saw that the lines were like 10 people long. The Lord must have known I was on my last leg and a lady opened up a new line and a sweet,older man ahead of me saw my despair and said you go ahead...you need to get done and get that baby home. We made it home...I put ella in her bed to nap and I unloaded! Whew! I think I may never go back to Wal-mart....at least for a long time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been there....still there.....no fun!! In fact, sometimes I think we all just need to lay down and take a nap before we can make it out of the store.

Cameron said...

My favorite thing since sliced bread - Harris Teeter online shopping. You can use coupons, shop the sales, and you just drive up and push a button and they load it all in your car for you for $4.95. I wonder if the new one in W.A. will have it for you? If not, J.I. isn't that far away :o)