Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Re-Cap and more

Easter morning!

I think she is wondering why I put her on the bench we never let her sit on!
Jesus is ALIVE!

We had a great Easter yesterday. Just for the record...I didn't miss it this year (see last post)! In fact we got to church 30 min. early and even had time to snap a few pictures before and drop a desert off at my mom and dad's house. Preparation really does help...now if I can just do it this week and get us to church on time.

We've had such a fun and full Easter celebration. I think I've almost captured it all in this long post we hunted eggs twice, enjoyed a great Good Friday Service as well as Easter Sunday. (I still have Kevin and Ella's egg scavenger hunt to do. It is ready but yesterday was just too full and she got way too much! I think we'll do it tonight! I decided to start this as our little tradition last year when she was only 5 months and of course it was all her daddy doing it and for me to get the pictures...but I think she'll really enjoy it this year. I've hid the eggs in her favorite spots with easy clues that I think she'll understand.!) The eggs and fun activities will never be the focus of our Easter celebration...it is Jesus...but we do feel they are fun activities and traditions to take part of in our family!
I also took ella for her first haircut on Saturday. I had never even had it trimmed and it was in a million layers and was a bit of a mullet. Now she has a cute little bob that can grow more at one length. I was a little sad to leave her baby hair on the floor...they did give me a little bag with the first lock to take home. She looks like a toddler for sure now and let me tell you....she is acting like one too. Toddler boot camp here we come!

Such a cool kiddie salon!


Check out her stick on earrings...she thought she was big stuff!

These are some of my favorite pictures from this Easter!

Inside egg hunt at church!
I've got a prize egg!
Daddy and e scoping out an egg!
So cute!
Toot's egg hunt...the biggest and best egg hunt around!
Lots of eggs and prizes!
Oh course ella found the "trashy!" Have I meantioned that she is quite fond of trash cans!
I know just what to do!
Do I want this egg or that one?

Making resurrection rolls with my cousins!

Egg dyeing!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE her haircut! SO precious! I can't wait to see that little ham in a little over a month. I really like your haircut too! You look like the stylin and profilin family! Love ya!

Ellen said...

So cute pictures!