Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fun Family Field Day!

Today our church celebrated it's 25th anniversary of being a church. In case you do not know me my dad is a pastor and is the pastor of the church we attend. When my family came to this church almost 20 years ago it was a young (only 5 years old) church. I was 9 so yes that makes me almost 30 now. I have grown up in this church. It has been a blessing to be part of a church family that is active, faithful, and loves me and my family. There are so so many people at our church that I love so dearly. I think of all the sweet elderly men and women that love the Lord and have been faithful members of our church. I love how they are faithful to gather every Wed. night week in and week out to pray. I love how so many have prayed and prayed for Kevin and I. I love sharing with them that the Lord is blessing us with another child. I can see in their faces that they have prayed and that the Lord has answered their prayers. I love how our church has grown. I love how it went from one building with no carpet to several buildings that are constantly in use and a new one on the way. I love how our church accepts everyone. I love that I don't have to worry about what I wear or look like at our church. I love that the Gospel is shared week after week and year after year. I could continue but....as you can see I am thankful that God has blessed Kev and I with a wonderful church family. If you do not have a church family that you are connected too...you are missing out (esp. when life gets hard!)

That being said...we celebrated after church today at a local park. We had BBQ and the trimmings and lots and lots of desserts. The theme was a family field day and I think everyone had a great time. Oh course ella kept me on my toes. She did a little better today but still loves to dash off as fast as she can! It was HOT...I think summer is officially here! I just thought it was a great day to see so many people from all 3 of our services have the chance to interact, talk and fellowship! I tried to snap a few pics in between my ella chases! My hubby was one of the planners and I know how much work was put into this event. I must say I am glad it is over for his sake but it was a wonderful day!
This is great!
I can Jump! Mommy why do you always say this is
for the big kids? I gave in...it was a temporary confinement.
She is fearless by the way!
Hello out there!
Daddy showing off his old soccer skills!
Mimi and Teresa... shouldn't we be running?

These pics really don't show but there was over 400
people out there. It was packed and great to see such a
good turn out!

Even pops got in on the games!
Tara, you and Tim deserve a gold crown in Heaven
for running the jump castle. In my opinion this is the hardest
job ever.

2 comments:

eastandwest said...

I love Ella's fearless personality. The Lord can do so much with that. She's going to be such an awesome big sissy!

Stephanie said...

We had a great time! Kudos for those like Kevin who planned this great day! We are so blessed to have people who will step up!