Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!

We have enjoyed a rather quiet and relaxing 4th this year! Although it wasn't what I'd been planning...it was a good day! It all began last night when kev, ella and I went to our favorite little local restaurant for dinner. We were having a great time.

Kev was enjoying a huge stack of their yummy pancakes (they are so good you even want them for dinner)! I was enjoying my chicken sandwich and fries and ella was working on her grilled cheese, fries and lots of ketchup. She likes to dip anything in ketchup and lick off the ketchup and leave the food! She decided to eat some lettuce off of my sandwich which is odd because she has never liked it before. She was chomping down when all of a sudden she gagged and well it was all over at this point! She threw up everywhere! It was terrible! So of course we clean up...I head to the car..covered and strip her down. So here is our dilemma...had she caught my stomach bug from Monday...5 days later or did she just choke on the lettuce and it made her throw up??? So we forfeited my plan for Dunkin Doughnuts on the way to a family day at the beach so we could stay home and make sure she was ok. She has been 100% fine since that one episode...so I am thinking she is fine. It was probably best that we stayed home because my husband is in the midst of summer school which is consuming every spare second that he has. It is a 5 week course that includes....A LOT! If I didn't know that God had called him to go to seminary...I would be saying that this was the wrong season of life for this. We miss him and hate that he just has so much studying, reading, paper writing, and lecture watching to do everyday!

So what did we do today....



We splashed in the pool!

We played outside and had a yummy cook-out at mimi and papa's..we missed all our cuz's being there! !




Our annual 4th of July picture!



It was a great summer day!

No comments: