Friday, July 24, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!

I can truly say that "nesting" is in full swing! Whew! I might not live to see this child be born if I don't slow down a bit! It's like I have a million things in my head and on my list that I want to clean out, throw away, use up, make and create...and too few hours in each day. I am finding myself burning the candle at both ends and hoping that this burst of energy last a few more weeks. I have several projects that I put on Kev's to-do list but the poor guy is overloaded with school right now. Two more weeks and he'll have a short two week break before his fall semester begins. Hoping we can knock out a lot of stuff them.

My nesting seems to always throw me into a major crafty stage. I have tons of projects I am working on...from finishing eliza's bedding, to sewing curtains, a fall jumper for ella, scrap booking! Seriously, I think I will be glad to feel lazy and unmotivated again. I know it is coming!

Another thing we have been doing is eating up everything in our pantry and freezer (no not all at once!) This is something Kev and I started doing early in our marriage and we have always found it to be resourceful and good on the budget! It calls for some creative and maybe not our favorite meal choices...but this will be our third week with no grocery buying other than bread, milk and fruit. I think most families are like this but we are bad about buying foods and not eating them and just letting them sit. For example, we had breakfast for dinner on Wednesday night with a bag of frozen hash browns and bacon that had been taking up freezer room for way too long. I did have to be creative with my hash brown casserole because it called for cream of mushroom and cream of celery soups and I didn't have either...so I just used cream of chicken. I turned out really yummy! I made a blueberry cobbler last night to finish off our blueberries before they went bad, and we've been having lots of Bisquick biscuits and jello with our meals! We always seem to have tons of jello...but rarely eat it! We are also bad about buying snacks and not finishing them before I get tired of them and want something new. It feels good to get it all used up and start over with a fresh supply! One more week of "creative meals" and then we'll shop!

Ella has been so sweet and cute lately. She has started wanting to pray at times throughout the day other than meals and before bed. It is so sweet! She'll say, "Mommy, I pray!" She'll fold her little hands and bows her head (we really haven't taught her that) and say Je-sus, thank you...and I fill in words and she fills in the rest! Her prayers usually sound like this...Je-sus thank you for this day. Please help me to obey. I love you. Amen. Nothing makes me happier than to see her little heart being tender toward the Lord. We have been working on colors and shapes....and would you know that the only colors she knows is gray and black! Those are the only two she is interested in! She always wants to see the gray and black pictures cards. Too funny! Kids surely have a mind of their own!

have a great day!

No comments: